Chapter 18

Camila's POV
We made it to the hotel 20 minutes after I was released from the hospital. Lauren hadn't left my side for the 2 hours we had been at the hotel, and I was beginning to wonder what was up. "Hey, Lo." I finally decided to confront her. "Yeah?" She asks, turning to me. "Uh, is something wrong?" I ask. I catch the millisecond her eyes meet the bandages on my arms before meeting my eyes again. "Do I need to answer that?" She asks with a chuckle. "No, that's not what I meant." I say, and she hints in on my serious tone. "Oh. Um, I don't think so." She shrugs. I can tell that something is bugging her. "Ok, what's up? Did something happen while I was gone?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "It's just the same thing that's been bugging me for a while. I told you that I'm dealing with it." She says, obviously trying to get off the hook. Her focus is grabbed back by the tv. I grab the controller and turn it off, making her groan and look at me. "Ok. We're alone. No distractions, no girls, now tell me." I demand. "Ok. Fine." She sighs heavily and her eyes meet mine. I waited in anticipation for her to continue. "The thing is, I... Uh, kinda..... Well..." She fumbled with her words, and all I could do was hope for those words I had been waiting forever for. "Camz, I'm in l....." She was interrupted by my phone ringing. I groaned and looked down to see Dinah's name flashing on the screen. "Just a sec." I sighed and answered. "Hey. What's up?" I ask. "We're ordering food now. You told us to call you. What do you guys want?" She asks. I can hear a lot of background noise in the call. I put the phone to my shoulder. "What do you want to eat?" I ask Lauren.

As soon as we've ordered and I set my phone down, I turn back to Lauren. "Sorry. What were you saying?" I ask, longing to hear those words that I had anticipated for so long. I quickly shook the thought out of my head. She doesn't think of me like that. I thought to myself. "I, uh, well......" She hesitated and there was a knock on the door. We both sighed. "I'll get it. You stay here." She stands up and walks to the door. I watch as she stands partially out the door. I can hear her and whoever is at the door talking, but I am not paying attention to what they are saying. Just then my phone buzzes, causing me to jump. I shake my thoughts and look at the screen to see a text from Ari.
Ari ;P: hey. Heard you were in the hospital :( how are you doing?

Me: I'm fine. Thanks for asking

Ari ;P: that's great. so what exactly happened? Dinah was being pretty vague...

Me: just an accident of sorts. It's not important right now. So, how's it going?
I look up and see Lauren close the door and walk back to the bed, sitting back down. "Who was that?" I ask. I feel my phone vibrate. "Housekeeping. I sent her off." She shrugs. "M'kay." I look down to my phone.
Ari ;P: pretty good. how're things going over there? like, with Lauren?
I immediately blush and Lauren sees my face, though I try to hide it. "Who ya texting?" She asks. "Ari." I reply, and her face drops instantly, while she tries to hide it. "Oh." She mumbles. "Is there something wrong with that?" I ask, watching her grow slightly uncomfortable. "Um, no. Of course not. Why would there be a...." She takes a second to look at my phone when it buzzes. "Problem." She says, through gritted teeth. "Oh, I see. Is little Lolo... jealous?" I tease, and her face grows red. "Wha-what? Who would I even be jealous of?" She says, avoiding looking at me. I chuckle at her sudden change of mood. "You're adorable." I giggle, and her face grows even more red. "You're so mean to me." She mumbles. I look back down at my phone, still giggling.
Ari ;P: is there a reason you haven't replied? by all means, if I interrupted a Camren make-out session, please tell.

Me: shut up. we are just having conversation.

Ari ;P: of course you are. I'll let you get to it, text me later with details ;*

Me: there won't be much. Cya later
I set my phone down and look up to see Lauren practically burning holes into my phone. "What's she saying?" She asks, trying to seem like she doesn't care but obviously failing. "That she looooooves me. Definitely more than you." I smirk, and she rolls her eyes. "Liar." She crosses her arms over her chest. "Well, maybe she's sending me nudes. I guess you'll never know." I say, nonchalantly. Her jaw drops to the floor and I stifle laughter. "She... You- what?" Her face twists in disgust and confusion. "I'm totally kidding! You should've seen your face!" I broke out laughing. Her face just turns red again and she looks down. Just then the girls burst in. "What's so funny, Walz?" Dinah asks, sitting on the bed next to me. "It's nothing!" Lauren blurts, which spikes Dinah's confusion. She raises an eyebrow with a smirk. "I-i told Lauren th-that Ari was send-ing nudes!" I said, trying to hold back more laughter. Lauren just kept her gaze away and Dinah laughed.

After our little laughing fest, we calmed down and ate. Then we all settled on the couch and floor to watch a movie. I sat on the couch with Dinah to my left and Lauren to my right. Normani laid on the floor on her stomach, her chin rested on her hands, and every once in a while her feet would go up. Ally sat with her back against the couch, her legs sprawled in front of her.

The movie was proving to be extra boring so I looked around the room to see if everyone was enjoying it. My eyes stopped on Dinah, who wasn't even watching the movie at all. She was watching Mani, a hint of longing in her eyes. She noticed my gaze on her and I raised a questioning eyebrow with a smirk. Her eyes quickly found the tv and she was clearly embarrassed she had been caught.