Chapter 27

Dinah's POV
It was around midnight when I finally returned back to the bus. It was really quiet and after clumsily exploring the bus in my drunken state, I realized that it seemed to be empty. I made my way to the lounge, which was the final place to check, when I saw an open pill bottle on the couch. Odd. I thought. I walked up to the bottle and found it was empty. Then I realized they were mine. My sleeping pills. Panic started to set in. Pills don't just disappear. Camila. I suddenly became frantic, searching the bus once more before realizing I hadn't checked the bathroom, which should've been the first place I checked.

I was sober by now, and as I started making my way towards the bathroom the bus door opened and Normani and Ally walked in, laughing. "Dinah?" Normani called. It was the first time she had spoken to me in a while, but I couldn't be distracted. "I can't find Mila!" I cried frantically. "My pills are gone!" I made my way to the bathroom and bursted through the door. A sight I wish I never had to experience was sitting on the batgroom floor sitting in a puddle of blood and I let out a scream. A sense of familiarity washed over me but somehow this time it seemed worse. Ally and Normani were by my side in an instant, and they both realized why I screamed.

What happened next I felt would haunt me forever. Lauren finally appeared, a solemn look on her face before she saw what was going on. "No." She quietly said, before falling onto her knees by Camila's side, pulling her lifeless body into her. "Somebody call 911! Don't just stand there!" She screamed, tears screaming down her paler-than-usual face, and we all scrammed to dial the number into our phones. Ally succeeded first.

In a blur they showed up, strapping Camila onto a backboard before rushing her to the ambulance. We waited impatiently for around 39 seconds before one of the paramedics approached us gently. "You guys are her friends?" She asked. "Yes." Normani replied. "I'm so sorry. She's gone. If we had arrived even a second earlier we could have saved her, but we didn't. I'm really sorry guys." She made eye contact with all of us before looking down.

"No." Lauren said. "No!" She screamed and bolted for the ambulance, as they began to close the door. Two police officers had to hold her back and we all rushed to her, trying to calm her while sobbing ourselves. Lauren screamed and kicked and cried before she wore herself out, and crumpled into a ball on the ground. "No." I could hear her repeat to herself in such a small voice I couldn't believe it was hers. We all crowded around her and wrapped our arms around eachother, crying.

"Wait!" One of the patamedics shouted, and we all looked up. "She has a pulse!" She hurried to call the other paramedic over and they jumped in the back. The last thing we heard before they closed the door was "It's weak, she might not even survive, but we need to get her to the hospital.

At that, Lauren jumped up and rushed to the ambulance, demanding she ride with her girlfriend. They let her along and the rest of us called an Uber to the hospital.

______________________________________

Lauren's POV
The image of her lifeless body would never be erased from my memory. Whether she loved me or not, I loved her. More than anyone would possibly know. It scared me so much to think that she might not make it. It was my fault. I never should have left. I knew she wasn't in a goos state right now but I left anyways. I wasn't allowed to follow Camila into the back so I stood in the waiting room. My shirt was soaked in blood. Her blood. It made me sick

The girls showed up and we all huddled together. No one was saying a word. Tears filled everyone's eyes and made small puddles at their feet. Then I realized something. If she didn't make it, I wasn't even going to be the last person she kissed. It angered me, as stupid as it was. It was something I channeled all my feelings into, though, and Dinah was going to be at the receiving end. I looked up and glared at her until she finally realized I was looking at her. She met my eyes and I could tell she knew exactly what I was thinking. "You." I growled. Her eyes showed that she was scared, while Normani and Ally stood there, confused. "You kissed her." I angrily took a step towards her. I didn't miss the look of hurt that flashed in Normani's eyes when I looked to gauge her and Ally's reactions.

"How could you do that to me?" My anger suddenly turned into sadness. I was now on what I realized to be a rollercoaster of emotions. I didn't know how or what to feel. "I was drunk. I didn't know I was doing it, and it didn't mean anything." Dinah sobbed. I could tell she meant it, but I didn't want to drop it. Before I said anything else, though, Ally jumped in and calmed me down.

Three hours and many tears later, a doctor appeared. "Are you the friends of Camila Cabello?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was here with good news or bad. We all either nodded or said a raspy 'yes'. "She's going to make it." He announced. The relief that washed through the room was so reassuring I wanted to cry. The sighs of relief replayed in my mind as a comfort.

After explaining her condition to us, he allowed us all back to see her. She was sleeping through the night and we were advised to not try and wake her. Walking into the room gave me major deja vu. Her face was ghostly pale, and her forearms were facing upwards, the bandages on them very visable. It was a painful sight. The doctor said they had pumped her stomach, and it was then that the girls decided to tell me that she took all the rest of Dinah's sleeping pills. It had been worse than I thought. She's going to be okay. Kept repeating in my mind, and it calmed me down a lot.

The girls started to fall asleep one by one all around the room. I couldn't sleep, though. Not until I really knew she was okay. When Dinah, the last one awake, finally dozed off I decided to climb onto the bed next to the small girl's sleeping body. I laid my head on her chest and put my arm around her stomach. Hearing her heartbeat helped me immensely, and before I realized it, sleep took over me, too.

Quick update, since I haven't updated in a while. Enjoy