4. The Female Billionaire

Start from the beginning

A woman needs to feel beautiful and confident in order to look beautiful. She said in one of her columns she wrote in a fashion magazine. I remembered that quote of her because I also somewhat thought in a similar way. It's good that fashionista like her focused on the importance of inner beauty.

"I was thinking to meet you personally, but I was quite busy. You must've known my younger son is getting married." She hissed lightly, "It's hectic."

I plastered a smile on my face, "I understand. I wish your son a happy married life."

She touched my shoulder, "I always appreciate hard workers. Nice meeting you, Sanaya. I hope you're coming to my son's wedding. I'm looking forward to it."

I lifted my brows in astonishment. Why would I be attending her son's wedding?

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Hobsons. I don't think I should be coming to the wedding."

She furrowed her light brows, "First of all, you can call me Katherine. Secondly, why not? All of my domestic staff is invited. I would be happy if you come. It's in the Catholic Church."

After encountering with Samara, I had lowered my expectations and made up my mind that maybe, I wouldn't be treated with respect here. But, Katherine's behavior was changing my opinion. She seems nice and polite and knows how to respect her employees.

"You should definitely come to help me on the wedding day because I don't want to be short-staffed. You should be a part of the wedding preparations." She insisted.

Okay. I think I could do that much. Maybe, it was her way of saying that she would give me bonus for my extra services. "I'll try to come and help you."

She put her hand down from my shoulder and smiled in response, "That's what I wanted to hear. You're pretty, young lady but you're hiding yourself in those casual clothes. Please don't mind me. I just don't like it when beautiful women like you don't care about their skin and style. You're young so enjoy your time by wearing pretty dresses."

A wave of surprise swept through me. She just called me pretty. She was a fashion guru. If she was saying I was pretty then I couldn't just ignore her comment.

"Anyways, I should go now. You carry on with you work. I'm looking forward to see you at the wedding." She said and walked out of the kitchen afterwards.

Women like her wanted everyone to look beautiful and stay dressed up all the time, but I should not be blaming her, she didn't know about my priorities. I did have a different fashion sense. But still she called me pretty and that made my day.

💙

Wedding day

According to the way Katherine instructed me, this was the room where bride of the day was. I shifted the shopping bags from my one hand to the other and knocked the door with my free hand.

Few minutes passed, but no sound came from inside the room. I knocked for the third time, but there was no response. Hesitantly, I grabbed the doorknob and pushed opened the door slowly, looking inside.

"Miss Samara?"

I stepped into the room and looked around, "I'm here to deliver some bags to you. Katherine has sent them."

The room was bigger than the kitchen where I worked. It was a combination of grey and maroon colors. The curtains and furniture of the bedroom were maroon. But the floor and the walls were of different shades of grey. The color combination was unique. But the room was slightly disorganized. The clothes were scattered on the bed and some were on the floor. The wedding dress was also placed on bed, fully wrapped in plastic bag.

I felt bemused. She was supposed to be in her wedding gown by now. There was not much time left. I put the shopping bags on the floor when I started feeling pain in my arms. They were heavy.

Samara finally stepped out of the bathroom. My astonishment increased some more when I saw her in jeans and plain shirt. Her hair were falling in all direction as if she was pulling them a while ago. I could see dried tears around her eyes. Her overall appearance looked disoriented and panicky.

She gazed at me, moving her eyes from up and down as if she was checking me out. I felt uncomfortable under her intense scrutiny so I just broke the awkward silence, "Are you okay? I was here to deliver those bags to you."

She came closer to me, now studying my face. Her eyes were wandering all over my facial features. I contorted my face in confusion at her weird stares, "Umm, hey-"

"Listen, can you wear my wedding dress and be a bride on my place?" She questioned.

What?

✸✸

In case, you are confused -- last scene is a glimpse of the wedding day. Next chapter will tell you how and why Sanaya went to Samara's room.