4. The Female Billionaire

Start from the beginning

I smiled in awe, "Hey, are we getting emotional?"

"Okay. Fine, I just stop now." He groaned.

I only took him as a friend now, but in case if he comes to me in future and shows any romantic interest in me, I would maybe reconsider my decision if I wouldn't be in love with some other boy at that time.

I chuckled, "Good. So did you call me for something important? I'm saying this because I've to rush to the library for the finals' discussion."

"No. You should go. I just called you to know about how you are doing."

"Okay. Take care. I'll call you later."

"Wait. Remember that I'm always just a phone call away from you. Never hesitate to call me when you need me." He reminded me as always.

Ryan visited the foster home few times. He didn't want to lose connection with his first family. Before leaving for California, he forced me to promise him that we would remain friends forever. And on every phone call, he reminded me that I was not alone.

"Yep, I know." I responded with a faint smile.

💙

For Chinese-styled chicken balls, I took the raw chicken from the frozen-room and began washing it with clean water. Two young servants helped me sometimes and did the minimal tasks like passing me the spices or cutting veggies for me. But today there was no one. I was all alone in the kitchen.

Andrew said that all the domestic staff was busy in grand event's preps because only few days were now left. Once I was done washing the meat, I put it aside and started preparing the mix.

"Are you Sanaya, right? The new cook?" A female voice disturbed my concentration. I turned around and frightened a little when I saw Katherine Hobsons was standing there at some distance.

She walked towards me. Immediately, I grabbed some napkins and wiped my hands, "Hello, Ma'am."

"I'm Katherine, wife of the owner of this mansion." She gave me her formal smile.

"Nice to meet you." God, I was feeling nervous. It was the first time I was seeing her in person. The billionaire's wife, who was a billionaire herself, standing in front of me.

Her eyes were bluish almost like......blueberries? I knitted my brows confusingly. I thought that color was rare. But I was seeing another person with the same eye color. They looked similar to that man I met at the night club.

That handsome man kept crossing my mind and I didn't know why. Sometimes my mind remembers unimportant things and annoys me. I couldn't understand why it did that when I had so many important matters to think about like exams, like college...

"I've heard you're young, how old are you?" Her voice brought me back to reality and I found myself staring into her eyes and thinking.

I rubbed my temple in uneasiness, trying to act normal, "I'm eighteen."

Her thick dark curls were all gracefully settled on her one side of her face. Since she was fairer than me, her brown freckles were prominent on her face. There were faded lines of wrinkles on her forehead, depicting her age.

"Darling, you're so young." She exclaimed, "Money problems, right?"

I nodded slowly.

She continued, "Well, Sanaya, keep it up. I hope Andrew told you that we only prefer organic spices. My husband and I are very cautious about our diet."

"Yes. He told me about that. Don't worry, Ma'am. I only use those ingredients that are given to me by the staff here." I responded formally.

"That's good."