The Space Between - Chris x reader x Peter

The time had come to make a decision. It was past time actually. Peter and Chris had only grown more territorial over you and they had both been hinting about you choosing one of them. It was the right thing to do. The fair thing. You knew that. But you also knew that choosing one meant saying goodbye to the other and you weren't certain you were ready to do that. Your heart certainly wasn't prepared to let one of them go.

Some sort of supernatural creature was causing havoc around town and the pack was trying to determine what precisely it was. You sat on a counter in the kitchen, swinging your legs as you listened in. You had no idea what the creature was and you needed a break from the research. Your brain was tired. Chris stepped in front of you and rested his hands on your waist. "Hey, baby," he said, blue eyes twinkling.

You smirked in return. "Hey yourself, Argent."

He leaned his forehead against yours. "I've missed you."

You'd been out of town for a week visiting friends and had just gotten back the day before. Then you'd immediately been swept up in pack drama. You really hadn't had the chance to speak to either of your men since your return. You hooked your hands around the back of Chris's neck and tilted your head to press a soft kiss to his lips.

He wasn't about to let you get away with that, however, and deepened the kiss. Tension flowed from your shoulders as you let yourself forget about everything else for just a moment. You only pulled away when you heard footsteps come into the kitchen and stop nearby. Your gaze flicked over toward the doorway to find a scowling Peter. He kept his arms crossed over his chest as his eyes darted between you and Chris.

You lightly pushed Chris out of the way and hopped off the counter. You threw your arms around Peter and his immediately wrapped around you to hold you close. "Hello, Sweetheart," he said. He laid a trail of kisses from your ear down the side of your neck. "I'm glad you're home."

Stepping away from him, you leaned against the counter. "You're just glad I'm back so I can help you kick this thing's ass."

"Yes," came Chris's deep voice. "Because there is nothing I enjoy more than my girlfriend being put in danger to hunt yet another supernatural creature." One of his brows lifted and he crossed his arms over his chest. His t-shirt strained against the muscles but you somehow managed to keep from staring.

"Since when is she your girlfriend, Argent?"

Your head snapped in Peter's direction at the harshness in his tone. His hands were fisted at his sides and he stepped forward, closing the space between himself and the hunter.

Chris practically rolled his eyes. "What exactly do you want me to call her, Peter?"

"Y/N would be nice. It is her name after all."

With every word their voices got louder and they moved closer to one another until their chests were practically touching. It quickly became no more than noise. A buzz in your head you wanted to end. Even with the din, you heard the others leave. Heard Derek announce they were heading to Deaton's to ask him a question.

"Stop." You didn't raise your voice. Normally you didn't have to as the men were both attuned to you.

When they persisted, you gripped the counter behind you and dropped your head. Tears of frustration ran down your face. "Enough!"

Silence fell.

"Y/N?" That was Peter.

"It's enough."

"We got a little carried away. We didn't mean to upset you. I'm sorry." That was Chris. Of course, it was. He was always the last to lose his temper and the first to apologize. You merely tightened your hold on the counter, the edges pressing painfully into your palms, keeping you grounded.