Feelings - Chris x Reader x Peter

You weren't certain when the dynamic between your men started to shift, but it had come to your attention in the past few weeks. You didn't mention it or question it, choosing instead to just observe from the sidelines and see what came of it.

At first, it was just conversation which may not seem like much but between the two of them, it was monumental. Not only were they talking, they were laughing and carrying on entire dialogues without you being involved at all. You kind of loved it, to be honest.

Then came the lingering looks. The side-eyed glances accompanied by soft smiles. There were even a few not so subtle glances that they either didn't catch or just chose not to comment on. And the touching. Oh, the touching drove you mad. Fingers on arms during conversations. Hands on backs. Brushing against each other in passing when they could have easily stepped around one another. You never would have guessed it would be so damn sexy to watch your boyfriends fall for each other. Or so damned frustrating.

They skirted the issue. Never said anything directly. Always seemed to brush off anything they picked up on. You thought they were just being obtuse, but it occurred to you one day that perhaps you were the problem.

You returned home from work and dropped your stuff by the front door before heading into the kitchen. Your men were leaning against the counter as they prepared dinner. Despite the ample space available, they were side-by-side, arms brushing. They gave you wide smiles as you entered the room. Peter pushed away from his spot to stir whatever was on the stove. When he resumed leaning, it was much further away from Chris than he had been.

You chose not to comment and just gave them a proper hello instead. Chris was first by virtue of him being closer to you. You leaned against him and smiled up at him as he wrapped his arms around you. "Hello, gorgeous."

"Hello, handsome." You pressed your lips to his and hummed in contentment.

When you turned to Peter, he opened his arms to welcome you. His hands rested on your face and he pulled you forward into a soft but lingering kiss. "Hey, Princess," he said as he pulled away.

"Why don't you go get changed? Dinner should be ready by the time you're done," Chris offered.

As you slipped into a pair of Chris's sweats and one of Peter's shirts, you considered whether you wanted to just continue to let things play out, or if it was time to say something. By the time you returned to the kitchen, Peter was dishing up the food. The three of you sat at the table and ate quietly unless it was a comment about the food or how your day had gone.

After the third time of watching one of them shoot a glance at the other, you used your fork to gesture between the two of them. "Okay, firstly what is going on here? Second, you should know that I don't care. I mean I do, but it doesn't...it wouldn't bother me."

Chris arched his brows as he swallowed hard. "Going on? With me and Peter? Nothing that I'm aware of. Peter?" You weren't a werewolf and even you could detect the bit of hope when he said Peter's name. Foolish man.

Fortunately, Peter was far more willing to take a chance. While he was talking to you, his eyes never left Chris. "As you've so obviously picked up on, there's a lot of flirting, some mutual attraction. When you're not around there's even some innuendo, but that's all. So far." The smirk that curled his lips was downright wicked.

Your lips twitched in amusement as you turned your attention back to Chris. His brow furrowed. "Wait, so...are you trying to seduce me?"

Peter chuckled and licked his lips. "Is it working?"

The two of them just stared at one another for a long moment. Finally, you cleared your throat and took a sip of water. "Is it hot in here? I feel like it's hot in here. Tension maybe. Yeah, lots of tension."

Both of them grinned and kept their gazes locked on each other. "You're rambling, sweetheart," Peter said.

Your face heated. "Yeah, well, I'm happy. I ramble when I'm happy."

Chris glanced at you then. "You're happy, huh?"

Your answering smile was wide and genuine. "Of course, I am. My boyfriends caught feelings for one another. I'm absolutely thrilled."