Awkward - Stiles Stilinski Drabble

You hurried through the halls, brushing by people as you tried to get to somewhere away. Away from the others, away from prying eyes. You just needed a moment of peace. You ducked into a dark classroom and shut the door behind you. Leaving the light off, you slid down to sit on the floor and took a deep breath. With a shaky hand you wiped the tears away from your eyes.

This was so stupid, but you couldn't help it. You'd had a crush on Stiles Stilinski for years and he'd been hung up on Lydia. When Scott, Allison, Lydia and Jackson made plans to go bowling, you plucked up your courage. After announcing that sounded like fun, you asked Stiles if he wanted to go with you.

"Why would I want to do that?" he'd said with barely a look in your direction.

His response had hurt but that wasn't what had set you off. No, it had been the looks of pity from the girls at the table that had you sucking in a breath and excusing yourself from the table. Just the thought had you tearing up again and you wiped the tears away once more.

The door beside you cracked open and Stiles stuck his head in, his eyes settling on you. He cleared his throat. "Can I...um, can I come in, Y/N?"

"Sure." You scrambled to your feet, hoping there was no trace of your tears remaining.

He paced the floor and raked a hand through his hair. "Listen, about what I said–"

"It's fine, Stiles. Seriously, don't worry about it," you interrupted.

He spun to face you. "No, it's not fine. I didn't mean it like that." He sucked in a breath. "I mean I would love to go bowling with you, Y/N. I just didn't want to go as friends. I like you. I have for awhile and–"

This time you cut him off by pressing your lips to his. When you pulled back he blinked at you while his mouth hung open. You gave a soft laugh. "I like you, too."