Morals - Chris Argent x Reader x Peter Hale

You hadn't seen Chris in over a week and your heart was aching. Part of you wondered if he'd ever come back to the two of you. You knew Peter had to be hurting just as much but he hid it well, insisting on comforting you. Assuring you Chris would return to you soon.

You'd been injured. Worse than ever before. The only chance for your survival was the bite. Chris had refused, said it wasn't their decision to make. Peter argued you wouldn't want to leave them. Any of them. Scott agreed and bit you as you clung to life in your hospital bed.

Chris didn't speak to anyone as they waited to see if you'd heal or die. When you began to heal, he'd walked out of the hospital and no one had seen him since. Not even Allison, if she was telling the truth.

This was the first time Peter had left you alone since you'd come home. Not that there was much choice. You were in desperate need of groceries plus he needed to see the family attorney about something. You made yourself comfortable on the couch to binge watch your current obsession. Somewhere along the way, you drifted off to sleep.

You startled awake when a body nestled between your legs. Arms wrapped around your waist as a head rested on your chest. You sucked in a breath when you realized it was your hunter instead of the werewolf you were expecting.

You hesitated only a beat before running your fingers through his hair. "I missed you." Your voice was soft, betraying none of the tears you'd cried since he left.

He turned so he was looking up at you, his chin resting on your chest. Those piercing blue eyes searched yours. "I'm sorry, baby. I wasn't fit to be around."

You swallowed the lump in your throat. "Are you that upset that I'm a werewolf?"

A beautiful smile curled his lips. "You're alive. How can I possibly be upset by that?"

"Then why did you leave?" you asked with a frown.

He pursed his lips as he thought of the best way to answer. Finally, he gave a little shrug and turned his head to lay his head back against you. He nuzzled against you and tightened his hold. "I went hunting."

Your frown deepened even as your fingers resumed playing with his hair. "What?"

"You didn't think we'd let him live after what he did to you, did you?" Peter answered for him.

Your gaze darted to the voice to find your other love leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. "We?" You licked your lips. "You knew where he was this entire time. Why didn't you tell me? I thought he hated me."

Chris scoffed. "Not possible."

Peter arched a brow. "I told you he loved you as much as ever and he'd be home soon."

You tossed your hands in the air in annoyance. "I thought you were just trying to make me feel better. I didn't think you knew anything."

He smirked. "We flipped a coin at the hospital. Heads meant Chris stayed with you and I went after the asshole. Tails meant the opposite."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Peter stepped closer. "Sweetheart, you may be able to kick some ass--and god, it's hot when you do--but your morals aren't quite as loose as ours. You can't get mad at us for killing him if you never got the chance to tell us not to."

You shook your head. "I don't think that's how that works, but okay." You tugged at Chris' hair. "And you. You could have called."

"As soon as I heard your voice I would have turned around and come back home." He kissed your stomach. "It needed to be done, baby."

"Not arguing with you, Argent. Just clue me in next time and don't disappear like that again."

Both men looked at you in surprise. You rolled your eyes. "My morals are looser than you think."

Chris grinned while Peter laced his fingers through your hair. He tilted your head back and kissed you soundly on the lips. "We'll keep that in mind, sweetheart."