Chapter III- It's a Long Way

I turn on my headlights as the sun starts to set. I was on a dark, winding road, and I hadn't seen that many people. I was officially in the middle of nowhere.

I had been driving for about 6 hours and I didn't plan on stopping anytime soon. Sure enough, there was a weird popping noise from my engine and I slowed down the car, confused. I looked at my gas tank to see that it read empty. I beat my hand on the steering wheel and cursed.

I pull the car over to the side of the road and get out my cell phone to call AA, but I had no service. I got out of the car and kicked the wheel, frustrated as all hell. I began to walk blindly around, trying to get a connection.

I walked around, mumbling to myself about the half tank of gas I swore I'd had. After a few minutes, I just got extremely agitated and threw a huge fit, throwing down my arms and stomping. In the midst of pouting, I saw a man down the road, standing there and watching me quietly. I got a weird chill up my spine, but chose to ask for help anyways.

"Hello?" I call, but he doesn't move. "Hello, my car broke down, is there a town up here where I can get some help?" I ask and he still doesn't do anything. I look behind me, sort of creeped out, and turn back around to see that he's closer. Now there's only about 20 feet between us. The man smiles, and I just look at him funny. I hear laughter behind me, but don't have time to turn. I feel a sharp pain on the back of my head and I fall to the ground, passing out.

I wake up in a dark, dingy room, sitting upright with my arms and legs tied to a wooden chair. How did I get here? The last thing I could remember was my car running out of gas.

I can hear my heart pulsating in my ears, and my breathing becoming rapid. I have a pocket knife in my pants, but there was no way to get to it without my hands. I wiggled profusely in the chair, but it seemed useless. While I was distracted with trying to break free, a figure had appeared in front of me. I didn't notice until I looked up to see a man with dark hair and tired eyes smirking at me. I jumped back as far as I could in the chair, which was only about half a centimeter.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I ask as roughly as I could, but my head seemed heavy and foggy. He just chuckles and walks around my chair.

"It's lucky I found you." He says, running his finger along my back as he circled me. A sickening feeling sets deep in my stomach. "Your blood smells just like your parents, only... Sweeter." The man says, stopping in front of me.

"How do you know my parents?" I asked and he steps back, looking me up and down.

"They're quite... known... in my world." He says, giving me an evil smile, showing two sharp canine teeth. I lost my breath and drew a quick one in, trying not to hyperventilate.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to focus on not passing out.

"You must know," He said, tapping a long pointer finger on his chin. His fingernails wee long and yellow, "They were master killers of my kind, slaughtering my brethren. Now, I will have my revenge." He said half growling. His eyes flashed a bright color and then faded back to normal.