6

Taehyung's P.O.V

"Do you usually go to that place?" I asked, he gave me a quick glance as I broke the silence.

"Yes, I do. Me and my hyung always come here when we get the chance. Being a royalty is a pain since we don't really get to live a normal life." He said.

"You... want.. to live normally..?" I repeated, confused.

"Well, yeah. I used to get locked up in the castle when I was a kid. I never really had the freedom to even play with the other kids back then. So, let's just say my childhood was pretty boring." He explained.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked straight ahead of us. "Living a normal life is far more difficult than being fed by a golden spoon." I blurted out.

He soon stopped in his tracks and turned to me. We were already out of the woods, so I stopped too and looked at the prince who only had an expressionless face, until-

"Tell me, Taehyung. What's it like to be normal?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Hard." I said, looking away as we continued walking. "Many people try to make a living to give their family the comfort they needed." I explained.

"Some parents, don't eat anything just to give their child enough food to be healthy, some just make it through even if they have an average life,not rich, not poor, just right."

"While there are foolish people who only want everything to be in their hands as their greed get the best of them-"

"Stop." My eyes widened as I quickly whipped my head towards the prince who only had a poker face.

"I've heard enough, thank you." He said silently. "M-my apologies prince Jeon." I quickly apologized, bowing to him.

I saw him shake his head. "What are you even apologising for? You did nothing wrong. And again, you don't have to bow every time you greet me or even when you apologize." He said.

'He's right... what am I even apologising for..? Did I think that I offended him when he told me to stop?'

"B-but wouldn't that be impolite for me to treat you like that, your highness..?" I stuttered, not looking up at him.

"Just think of me as an equal, or even, as a friend."

I looked up at him in surprise only to be met with a soft and gentle smile. "Let's get back, ok?"

*Thump* *Thump*

I nodded slowly as we once again continued walking.

'He... he thinks of me as... a friend..?'

-TO BE CONTINUED-