Seventeen - "He slept with someone else"

Start from the beginning

Silently the blonde girl turned in her seat and her eyes instantly fell upon the curly haired man. He stood laughing with Jasper and Monty, Lydia had never seen him so happy, but then his eyes met hers and his loud laughter faded to a gentle smile. And that was it.

"Oh fuck..." Lydia mumbled turning back towards Clarke. "I do love him."

"Anyone can tell Lyds, you're his weak spot.

"Weak spot?"

"Any time anything happens to you he looks like his entire world is about to fall apart."

"Kinda how Finn looks at you?"

"Boys are too complicated." Clarke huffed, her head fell to rest against the younger girl's shoulder, "Why couldn't I have just fallen in love with you instead?"

"Maybe some day." Lyds chuckled

***

"Fire!" A voice yelled out and instantly the delinquents camp descended into chaos once more.

Lydia frantically grabbed her coat before fleeing from Bellamy's tent and out into the open. The smokehouse was up in flames and a coughing Octavia lay beside it in Bellamy's arms. Lydia's small body instantly ran cold, where was Murphy?

"John!" The girl screamed before sprinting forwards, leaping over the flames and into the smokehouse.

She could hear Bellamy call her name from outside, pleading with her to come back to him, as did Octavia and the rest of her friends, but she wasn't going to give up until John was back in her arms.

"Lydia..." the boy called out from the corner of the room

Without hesitation she made her way over to him and pulled him up to his feet. Murphy used his jacket to cover the both of their mouths as they waded their way through the flames. A matter of seconds later they fell to the ground and the cool breathable earth air hit them once more.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Murphy hissed as he pulled her to her feet.

"I was thinking that my big brother was trapped and I needed to save him."

"You could've gotten killed, what would I do then?" The boys eyes fell upon another boy, the one who had been working in the smokehouse with him and Octavia, and his body filled with rage, "This is all your fault! We told you it was too much wood!"

"Get the hell away from me!" The boy yelled before Murphy punched him in the jaw. Again and again and again.

"Hey! Hey! Stop!" Bellamy called out as he and Lydia wrestled the two boys apart. The small girl shoved the other boy back before wrapping her arms around Murphy's middle, all the while Bellamy kept them at arms length.

"Murphy stop!" Lydia hissed

"Save it for the grounders." Bell told him, immediately Murphy walked away with a grin upon his face.

"Are you okay?" Bellamy turned to the younger girl, his palms pressed to either side of her face."

"I will be." She told him

"Bell, now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food!"

And yet another problem.