Chapter 35

Arthit's POV

My eyes fluttered open slowly and the first thing I saw was Kong's face peering over mine barely inches away. Our gaze locking instantly as I saw my own reflection in his pupils.

"What are you doing?"

He blinked rapidly multiple times before pulling away and flashing his patented grin while he slowly extended his hand, popped his index finger out and began poking at the red, scaly rashes on my face.

"I was examining your face. How are you feeling now?"

"Uh...better...I guess."

I looked around to find myself once again on a hospital bed, and if my past experience was any indicator I was pretty much going to be stuck here for the rest of the night. Thankfully, atleast this time around I wasn't going to be surrounded by my sadistic friends laughing their tails off at me.

Wait, no! Now it's so much worse with Kong purposely nudging me so that I shifted to make enough room for him to scoot onto the bed and settle down cross legged next to me continuing to stare at the blotchy complexion of my face. Looking a little too much at home on a hospital bed next to the subject of a near disastrous date.

"So lilies, huh?"

"Yeah."

"I guess that explains why you kept looking like a sunburnt tomato all morning. I guess me practically doused in pollens didn't help."

"Nope. It felt like I was burning alive."

"Why didn't you tell me you were allergic to them?"

"How was I supposed to know you were planning murder as a part of the date."

"It was supposed to be romantic P'. I guess this also explains the flowers outside my door after the exams?"

"Hmmm..."

"Is that why you were admitted in the hospital that time? While I was trying to prank you with alarm clocks being stuck in your closet all night long."

I simply nodded as he let out a loud sign and dropped down on the pillow next to me, the both of us staring at the ceiling for a long, long time. Quietly pondering on everything we had said, done, shared. How had we even arrived to this day? With hate and like and pranks and endless different emotions that have revolved around our complicated relationship.

"We are a bunch of doofuses aren't we?"

"I might have to agree with that. We are, what, two failed attempts at dates now?"

"Well, on the bright side P', if we follow the third date rule, we can avoid all the useless talking parts and stick to simply making out. Atleast that part we have figured out."

I rolled my eyes while he chuckled at my exasperated expressions.

"So... now what?"

"What do you mean? We wait till your lips get down to a normal size and then we try again. We have atleast a few weeks left before you start your internship right? We are going to nail this dating business even if it is kills us. Well hopefully it won't kill you."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"This. The candles. The flowers. The date. All of this. Why?"

"Why not?"

"I'm serious."