Chapter 16

Arthit's POV

Was it even possible for the cloud hanging over my head to get any more darker. And if I wasn't already fantasizing about shooting lightning bolts at the dimwits standing next to me I was pretty sure I would have physically launched myself at their necks. I stole a quick glance at my supposed friends, their necks shamefully hanging low, keeping their eyes firmly averted from mine.

I was so, so, so bloody close. I could almost feel Kong's warm breath on my face. Barely an inch separating us. And the best part of all, along with confusion there was definitely another unnamed emotion lacing through his eyes. I could just tell. Plus he hadn't even pushed me away. Even as I kept inching closer. Even as I stared at his mouth. Even as I moistened my lips with the tip of my tongue. The entire time Kong just stood there, waiting for me to make the next move.

And then it happened. God looked down on the one moment of intense pleasure I was about to have, burst out laughing at my obvious terrible luck, and sent his devil buddy outside my door to ruin my almost perfect dream.

Why else would I be here getting yelled at by the Chair of our department on a Saturday evening in his office standing next to the losers Kong and I called friends instead of tasting the sweetest treat I could have imagined.

"Arthit! Are you even listening to me?"

I snapped my head up to the balding man, bulging his eyes out at me. I am still to figure out why when Kong and my friend's launched into battle royale right in the middle of campus, happily beating the shit out of each other, to the point that they now stood beside us with bloodied bodies and definitely broken bones, was the fuck I beckoned to this office. The chairman happily unleashing all his pent up frustration on me. And only me.

"Yes sir."

"Since the moment you became head hazer I knew you were going to be trouble. You and your followers keep breaking rules and giving me a headache. We had to close off the entire locker section for a week to get rid of the fish stench. I didn't say anything even then but now you are actually fighting with the first years? Beating up your own juniors? Arthit you have finally crossed the line."

Is someone picking up on the fact that the man might not be my greatest fan. No? Just me then? Or rather the problem wasn't the fact that I existed but something else entirely. See if you can guess where the root of the issue with the man really lay.

"Kong, are you also hurt? Did these hooligans tackle you too? We can call the police if you want. I don't want your father getting upset with us at not dealing with these bullies the way they deserve."

I doubt there was a pair of eyes in that room other than the chairman's that hadn't rolled super hard at that statement. Could the man suck up to Kong any more than he already was. C'mon dude, Kong's father wasn't even in the room. And even when I wasn't head over heels in love with Kong, and we were nothing but plain ole enemies none of us ever once thought he was going to hightail to his father snitching about our pranks. Well, ofcourse he wasn't looking at how he had totally broken in and entered into my apartment not two days ago.

"No sir. They were just...horsing around. Nobody was bullying anyone at all. It was just...ummm...for fun..."

The three non-bloodied humans turned around to look at the 8 other totally bruised bodies. Kong's lame excuse sounding even more ridiculous. Fun? Seriously? I would be shocked if all of them didn't get suspended by the end of the night.

"This is all your fault Arthit. I don't know what I am going to with you anymore."

"Me? Me? I wasn't even involved! It was all them."