Chapter 26

Kong's POV

I have the most boring ceiling in the entire world!

It's all white, and flat, and...and just boring.

To be fair though I could have been staring at the Sistine Chapel and it would still hold absolutely no interest for me cause my brain was still super glued to that scene within the blasted café. The fact that hours later I was still lying awake staring at said boring ceiling obsessing over it thoroughly irked me. Worst still I could almost guarantee that I would soon regret not marching in there and demand that P'Arthit go to dinner with me.

Why couldn't I simply walk up to them and tell him how annoyed I was that he was ditching me for his date.

No, wait. Wrong question.

Why the fuck did I even care that he chose to spend time with his girlfriend instead of me. I would have done it too, right? Imagine if Turtle showed up out of nowhere and wanted to hang out? I was pretty sure I would drop the world right that instant and Usain Bolt myself to where ever Turtle was.

And yet standing outside the café I had one leg ready to march in while the other posed to take me as far away as possible from the irritatingly sweet scene. Frankly, it is just getting annoying how many brain cells I am killing behind P'Arthit. What is making it worse is that I have no God damn idea why. Should this enemy-turned-friends situation really be this complicated? And here I thought the days of me getting dark circles due to P'Arthit were finally behind us.

I groaned loudly, slapping a hand across my tired face, when suddenly my phone blared indicating an incoming call. What the hell?

"P'Arthit?"

"You are late!"

"Huh?"

"Where are you? I have been waiting for so long. Come fast, I am hungry."

"Huh? P' what the hell are you talking about?"

"You said you wanted to try the new restaurant. So I am standing in front of it. But you aren't here."

"You are...you are where?"

"Restaurant. And you are late!"

"P' it's 2 in the morning. Everything shut hours ago."

"But I am hungry now!"

"P'Arthit....are you drunk by any chance?"

"Of course not! Ok maybe a lit bit. Maybe a lot. I don't know. So are you coming?"

"YES! Yes, I am coming, You stay right there ok. Don't move. I will be 5 minutes. Don't move. Just...just stay there."

How fucking intoxicated must he be that he was drunk dialing me. Me! Standing outside the restaurant after a date he ditched. My hands flying with lightning speed as I threw on a hoodie and running out the door, completely missing the fact that I had put on sneakers on one leg and flip flops on the other.

Thankfully, the restaurant was only a couple of blocks away and even then by the time I rushed there, P'Arthit was mercilessly banging on the door of the clearly shut restaurant. Demanding they cook him chicken soup right this instant.

"P'Arthit!"

"Oh Kong, you are here. I was waiting for you."

Oh yeah he was drunk alright. In fact I could smell the alcohol on him before I had even reached him. His speech completely slurred as he staggered towards me with the broadest smile I have ever seen on his face.

"P' Are you alright?"

"I am hungry."

"I know. C'mon let's find you some food."