|"Norm, tell me of your old life." |

English

Na'vi

-----------------------------------------------------

Kahiau knew that if anyone was to see him- he would be teased till the end of his days or succumb to eternal embarrassment till he exploded. But he couldn't help it. She was beautiful- far more than just on the outside. From her inverted triangular shaped face to the feline eyes that remained hidden behind the hoods of her eyelids. Her hair was plaited from the roots to the tips and fell down the center of her back where small beads of darker blues and sunflower yellows littered the ends. She sat perched on a single root just outside hometree, singing amongst a small group of females and while all their voices were lovely on the ears- hers was different.

It was higher in pitch and sounded like wind chimes that danced with the wind on a summer day. Kahiau felt like a swooning school boy who watched his crush from across the courtyard except he was watching her from behind an opening of several roots that twisted together on an alien planet. Sighing, the man retreated with a look of longing within his eyes oblivious of the woman who ensnared his attention, staring thoughtfully towards the opening he was once standing at.

"Ninat, what is it?"

"It is nothing, Zema. I thought I felt eyes on me but... seems I was wrong. Let us continue." And so the songs telling a tale of great love continued.

---

"Norm, tell me of your old life." Velia shyly placed a small purple flower under her nose, taking a whiff of the faint sweetness the petals held. "My old life? Well- what do you want to know?" Norm was now 'discharged' from the healers alcove and walking as normal as anyone who got shot in the ass. Velia had decided to take a step away from archery and try pa'li riding much to Norms displeasure. It was not that the former anthropologist hated the horse-like creatures on the contrary he really liked them but riding one was definitely... not in the job description.

"What was your clan position? Do you have siblings? What was your sa'nok and sempul like?" Norm smiled at the woman's child-like curiosity. "Where I came from we don't- well we do- but I wasn't part of one... a clan. My position- my job is the better word, was a... I- how can I-" Velia saw that Norm struggled to find the right words in her language causing her to smile as she grabbed the bola-like reigns to one of the pa'li. "Oh! I got it. I learned the different ways of different sky people. What they ate, the music they created, the garbs they wore and the languages they spoke."

"That sounds like much fun- learning from others who are so different from yourself." Pausing the female warrior turned to face Norm who paused in step, they stood so close that the man could count each speck of gold within her irises. Velia traced her eyes from his own slackened face to his scrawny chest then back up. Norm couldn't help but blush under her scrutiny, and feel a bit self-conscious at his gaunt build. The na'vi men were built in pure muscle, lean and fit for their lifestyles but Norm was neither of those. He was skinny, lanky and lacked any sort of muscle- like a gangly nerd in high school (which was exactly what he was).

"Continue." That snapped Norm was his self-degradation, his hand coming to rub at the back of his neck. "I am an only child- and was depended on my by parents a lot. When they found out what I had wanted to do with my life they... exiled me. And in hopes of gaining their favor once again I had told them that I was leaving and traveling to another world. Your world." Norm gazed longingly into her eyes just as she did to him- an unknown connection shifting between the duo and it seemed like the close proximity was to far. Velia was the first to advert her gaze, taking the reigns in her hands and placing them cheekily into his. "Enough talk, let us see how good you can ride Kuma."

Norm gulped. "K-Kuma?" The direhorse before him was large and ardent- the complete opposite of it's rider. "Come- she will not bite."

"I hope not."

---

Finally- she made it. After days to weeks of trekking through endless forests, hungry, tired and fear-ridden- Trudy had finally made it.

Hell's Gate was a former shell of its military presence. AMP suits littered the loading dock where large vessels like the ISV Venture Star would land to unload its next recruits, the building itself hit the name perfectly- an indefinite gate of hell. But she wasn't here for the technology department nor the airhead section. No, in fact she was here for her body.

Her other body. Unbeknownst to the others, Trudy Chacon had an avatar. Locked away for safe keeping till the appropriate time was given for her to use it (if ever). But that lied heavily if it survived unscathed for the destruction of the compound. The avatar sanctuary faced the least amount of damage she noted as she entered through one of the busted out doors. The inside was pretty messy- paperwork was tossed all over the floors, desks toppled onto their sides, computers broken, petri dishes and test tubes smashed even some of the link chambers were torn apart.

Trudy walked down the farthest hallway that branched off into a restricted zone. This was where the RDA became more than just simple terrorists. The woman was surprised to see that the electricity still ran and was able to put in her authorization code. The air sealed doors wheezed as they opened letting out cool mist which left goosebumps across her exposed skin.

On the right side of the room were large containers filled with cyan colored goop and in that goop were native animals found on pandora. Stingbat, tapirus, fan lizards- even a thanator cub laid still, preserved for inhumane testing. The other side consisted of medical tables and cages where the animals that were captured would wait to be prodded and probed for the act of 'science' or was it for the act of genocide. Using Eywa's creatures against her for the sake of expansion, to take over a world that had no right to be touched in the first place.

A big fuck you to their deity. Trudy frowned, it was disgusting and yet she did nothing to stop it. She should have told Grace- told her of what secret experimentation was happening beyond her lab beyond her avatar program but she didn't. Her job meant more to her at the time, and she had no interest for the life that frolicked about outside of Hell's Gate. But that changed- now she see's truly see's the world of wonder, the world of prosperity, of harmony and she was reminded of Norm. Even in their short days together, she had fallen in love. He opened her eyes to this world and what it had to offer.

Maybe she would find him- he was out there she was sure of it. They could possibly be together again and live in a clan and have a place to truly call home. But for now, she needed to check on the reason why she was here. In the corner sat a chamber filled with the same cyan liquid with an untouched body still inside.

Her body.

"Baby, did you miss me?"

-----------------------------------------------------

The whole RDA experimenting on animals was something I made up. But it fits- and who's to say they wouldn't have gone to those extremes. I mean they basically made puppets of the natives to manipulate them.

Also I think its time to get the love boat rolling wouldn't you say? wink wink.

Vote and comment to your hearts content ❤