|"I almost started thinking you died." |

English

Na'vi

--------------------------------------------------

It felt like ages since the last time Olivia saw Max so when her eyes focused on the curly haired scientist- she felt as if she was reuniting with an old friend. "Eggs, bacon and some slightly burnt toast." Max looked up from the desk he claimed after the battle, the sample in his hand completely forgotten. "The bacon might be a bit slimy.."

"Not much of a cook?"

"Let's just say Gordon Ramsay would be disappointed." Olivia took a chair and placed it across the chubby scientist. "How are you?" The man shrugged, finishing a bite of eggs before answering. "Alright- it's a bit... lonely without Grace being here to nag and give her two cents on everything." Olivia could tell that the death of the beloved doctor was weighing heavy on Max. "I know- we all miss her bitching and griping. But, she's in a better place.. she's watching us- with Eywa beside her. She wouldn't want to see you moping around like a toddler."

"Wow- that almost sounded just like her."

"Yeah yeah, anyway how is your avatar?"

---

Waking up to two pairs of eyes wasn't an ideal 'good morning' but this was the na'vi not human beings. "You sleep long time. We... scared you not come back." Etepei looked uncertain when he spoke english, the language sounding misplaced upon his tongue. "I'm sorry for worrying you." Olivia sat up- her back protesting against the movement. "The others are eating. We will leave shortly." Etanu held his hand out for the woman to grab (which she was grateful for), pulling herself up until she stood inches from the youngest twin. Olivia's mouth fell open slightly while Etanu just stared unblinkingly down at her... before cracking the widest (and not to mention brightest) smile. Curse the male na'vi species and their uncanny attractiveness.

"You trip like small fwampop." And that previous statement was tossed right out of the invisible window within Olivia's mind. "Go eat pa'li shit." Huffing, the woman pushed away Etanu who looked startled as she stomped off. "Did I say something wrong?" Etepei could only gesture for his brother to follow.

---

"I almost started thinking you died." Jake peered around Tsu'tey at his approaching companion. Norm and Kahiau were situated on Jakes left while the ever so silent Ahtsan sat on Tsu'tey's right. "Well, I didn't."

"Sadly."

"You say that- but I know you'd miss me." Jake paused mid-bite, his brows scrunched as an overwhelming sense of deja vu struck his senses. "I would never miss your presence-" Olivia waved a hand in the direction of the grouchy na'vi as she sat down beside Ahtsan. "What is for morning meal?"

"Some nuts, a bit of fruit- basically a torn apart granola bar." Norm passed a small leaf plate of peanuts, walnuts and some dried red fruit that was most likely cranberries towards Olivia who took it with a frown. "Norm when I told you to pack snacks... I meant packing something that would be sustainable for eight nine feet tall people not eight two feet tall children."

"Well sorry- not like I have pizza rolls and hot pockets stuffed down my shorts."

Now that she thought about, Norm was the only one out of all eight of them wearing the normal 'human' clothes rather than the traditional na'vi loincloth. "We have wasted enough time- it is time to head back to the clan." Tsu'tey arose from his crouched position, silent and utterly elegant.

---

The matriarch of the Omaticaya was pleased to hear the good word of their new hometree and even more so that they would start sending groups after the mind to body transfer was over- in about three days. Her people have suffered a great loss- their home, their families, their way of life. But with this fresh start, they could all grow to overcome their grievances.

Mo'at glanced towards the flowing tendrils of the tree of souls. 'Some more than others..' The Tsahìk didn't have much time to mourn her own loss for her people came first. She didn't have to see his body or be told that he had fallen with their home to know that her mate, Eytukan had passed. Mo'at felt it- deep within her very soul a feeling of pure emptiness then inner grief much stronger than the sorrow of watching her world fall to the flames of destruction.

When her oldest had been killed- that same feeling had fell upon her but only in the smallest of heartache. For each member of her family had a piece of her soul- the largest to her mate who held the eternal bond of devotion. Then to her two daughters, Sylwanin and Neytiri- both having the last remnants of her very being. And together they formed the Tsahìk of the Omaticaya.

"I see you, mother." The sound of Neytiri's soft voice adverted Mo'at's attention away from her internal woes. "I see you, my daughter. What have you come to speak of?" Neytiri came to stand beside her mother who placed a gentle hand upon her daughter's shoulder. "I do not know if it is right to take your place as tsahìk."

"You worry that you will not be what the clan needs."

"I worry that I will fail-" Mo'at was quick to give a harsh yawp that had the huntress flattening her ears. "You have been trained to be the future tsahìk since you were a mere babe. Put aside the doubts and worries- they will only cloud your mind of your duties for the people." Neytiri bowed her head as Mo'at squeezed her shoulder in a motherly gesture. "You will be a great leader beside Jakesully. Your father would be proud."

--------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter wasn't really eventful but I was also curious on how Mo'at felt about her mate dying. How did she cope? Was she ever able to mourn his death?

Trivia:

1. What was for morning meal?

*hint: Norm had brought it.

Ends: 8:00pm.

Trivia will stop at chapter 30.

After thia book and a possible sequel (lmao maybe) I will also be writing a Valerian and the city of a thousand planets story for those who are interested.

Vote and comment to your hearts content ❤