~chɑptєr twєɴtʏ~

a/n OMG GUYS ITS THE LAST CHAPTER!!

You guys are probably like OMG SHE'S GOING TO END THIS BOOK HORRIBLY AND THEY ARE NOT GOING TO END UP TOGETHER.

BUT I ASSURE YOU I HAVE SYMPATHY TOWARDS MY READERS AND I WILL GIVE YOU A HAPPY ENDING.

Or will I? 😏

[_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]

"Liz will you help me unpack my bags?" Lily whined.

"No I've got my own bags to unpack." I coldly replied.

"Ouch." She said and stepped into my room.

"Go away, I'm busy." I dug through my suitcase, pulling out clothes and trying to remember whether or not they were clean.

"Okay it's not my fault that you broke up with your boyfriend." She crossed her arms and watched me scrambling to put my clothes away.

"He wasn't my boyfriend." I mumbled.

"He might as well have been. You two spent everyday together." She rolled her eyes.

"Doesn't matter." I still didn't look up at her.

"You should call him." And with that she left my room, closing my door behind her.

I fell onto my bed, breathing in the familiar scent of my home, and then letting the breath out heavily.

The entire ride home, all I could think about was him. Debating on whether I should've said goodbye or left it like it was. I never really came to a clear decision, not that it would've mattered.

"Hey honey, what do you want for your birthday?" My mom reopened my door and poked her head in.

"A brand new summer." I mumbled without sitting up.

"Oh honey." She said and walked over to my bed, plopping down beside me. "You had quite a vacation didn't you." She sighed.

I didn't say anything.

"Did you care about him?" She asked, putting a hand on my back.

I rolled over and let out an exasperated breath.

"Yes mom. I cared about him, but that was the problem. Now I'm done talking about him because that seems to be all anyone can talk about and I'm doing my best to forget it all."

She stood up and shook her head.

"You need to start realizing that it's okay for people to care about you."

"I don't like trusting people."

"I know. But you need to see that when people make an attempt to be a positive part of your life, then they are probably worth trusting." She walked out of my room, not wanting an argument, and I was glad because I didn't want one either.

"Hey mom!" I called out and she reappeared in the door.

"Yes?"

"I want a party this year for my birthday. I think I need to see family." I sat up.

"You got it sweetheart." She smiled warmly and it made me glad that we didn't start fighting.

"Love you." I said before she left the room and she returned it.

I stood back up and continued putting clothes away. I pulled the stuffed turtle from my bag and rolled my eyes at it.

"You've caused way too much trouble." I whispered to it and then dropped it into the trash can.