~chɑptєr fɪvє~

I got in the elevator and started on my journey down. I started thinking about his voice, and how amazing it sounded. It sounded sexy, and I would pay to hear him perform. I guess I should be honored that I got to hear his balcony performance, especially if he were to become famous one day.
Then I remember that someone so rude could never be famous.

The elevator stopped and I looked to see if I was on ground level. I was on the twelfth. That's when I remember that that's the floor Hayes was on when he got on the elevator. If he was above me, how was he on the twelfth.

The lady that got on with Hayes before stepped on. She smiled at me and I smiled back but I doubt she remembered me.

We rode the rest of the way down uninterrupted and both got off on the bottom floor. She headed towards the lobby and I headed towards the pool.

I found Hayes quickly, his blue eyes are easy to spot.

He said, "Took you long enough." Them he winked at me. I felt a blush creeping into my cheeks but I quickly shook it off like it was nothing. It was nothing. Him winking, it's seriously not a big deal. Just a sad attempt at flirting.

Then I almost choked on air at the thought of him flirting with me.

"Sorry." I said without using emotion so he would be left to wonder whether I was being sarcastic or not.

I moved over to the lounge chairs we sat at yesterday and scanned the pool. It's still quite early in the morning so there was no one there. My eyes stopped on the waterfall and the blush threatened to come back when I remembered the 'moment' we had.

I pulled my coverup off and laid it down beside where I was sitting, and spread the beach towel across my chair. I laid down and scolded myself for forgetting sunglasses.

"I like your bathing suit." He said. Was that embarrassment in his voice? No. Couldn't be. This is probably all some sort of sick joke he's doing. Making me think he likes me and then at the end of the day he'd laugh in my face and say it wasn't real. And that I was gullible and naive and would believe anything.

So instead of saying thanks I just nodded and pulled my phone out my my swimsuit. I scolded myself again for forgetting earbuds. I guess I was in a hurry this morning.

"What?" He said accusingly.

I looked at him, my eyes meeting his, and said, "What do you mean?"

He held eye contact with me and I had to keep myself from zoning out while looking into his eyes. The color mirrored the pools color. Blue. Beautiful, beautiful blue.

"You're acting mad at me or something."

"Hayes I don't even know you. Why would I be mad at you?"

"I thought, eh nevermind."

"You thought what?"

"I thought you still might be mad about what happened over there yesterday." He gestured to the waterfall.

"Oh. Well I'm not mad."

"You're not?" He sounded excited but I'm sure he's just a great actor. Acting and singing. This guy could make millions.

"Nope. But I really don't know you. I don't even know your last name."

"Peterson."

"Hayes Peterson?"

"Yes. What's your last name?"

"Walker."

"Elizabeth Walker?" He says, trying to sound like me.