Relief

This takes place during Descendants 2, obviously.
Enjoy xoxo.

Sincerely,
JS

~ Y/N's POV

Nerves have been racking through my body since the VK's and Lonnie left for the Isle to rescue Ben from Uma. It's only been an hour since they left, but it feels much longer, knowing the danger they're in. I've tried distracting myself to keep my mind off of it, not even being able to be in his dorm since everything reminds me of Carlos. I still feel the kiss he left on my lips before he rushed out of my dorm. The worst possibilities start running through my head of what's happening, making me feel not much better.

I decide to take a nap to pass the time, changing into just a pair of (F/C) sweatpants, climbing into my bed and falling asleep after only about a minute of laying there.

~ Carlos' POV

We did it. It's over. Ben's safe and we're finally making our way back to Auradon. All of us pile into the limo and speed off, Jay driving and the rest of us sitting in the back. I sit back against the plush black seating, all of us panting from exhaustion, our overall appearances disheveled.

I mentally kick myself as I think about Y/N, knowing how worried he must be since it was the afternoon when we left and is now pitch black outside. I lift myself up, pulling my phone out of my back pocket before plopping back down, I immediately text him that we're on the way back and we're all Ok." It doesn't say "Read" immediately.

"Shit, he's probably asleep be now." I say under my breath, putting my phone back away. We pull up to the Auradon dormitory parking area. I'm the first one out, quickly running to Y/N's dorm despite my body already aching from exhaustion. I go in and go up to his floor, down the long hallways to his door. I knock lightly a couple times, evening my breathing and straightening myself up in the meantime.

~ Y/N's POV

My eyes open, a bit blurred over from sleep. I blink a few times and yawn, propping myself up on my side and looking around the room, thinking I'd heard something. My question was answered when I hear the sound again; a knock at my door. It clicks in my head that it's Carlos, making me jump out of bed and speed to the door.

I unlock it and fling it open, seeing that's indeed him. He begins to speak but I interrupt him, jumping and wrapping my arms and legs around him, kissing him deeply. I feel him stumble back before he stables himself again, his hands on my butt to hold me up. I pull away, one arm wrapped around his neck and my others hand cupping the side of his face. We look into each other's eyes. I brush a piece of his perfect white hair from his eye.

"I missed you. I was worried the entire time. It's such a relief that you're okay." I say, my voice slightly out of breath from our kiss.

Carlos chuckles and smirks. "Well, the entire time I was there, it was the thought of getting back to you that drove me."

"God, I love you." I say with a sigh of content, giggling like a child.

"And I love you too, Y/N." Carlos replies back, deeply kissing me again.

~ The End