Roses

I'm back (kinda). Thank y'all for 4k reads and 70 votes. xoxo.

Sincerely,
JS

~ Carlos' POV

Today's Y/N's birthday. Not that I needed to be reminded, I've been counting down the days since last week. Every year, he says he doesn't want a party or any gifts. He says he's just not that type of person. But I've wanted to do something for him, although it'd be small.

I decided to get him a bouquet of real roses, since they're his favorite flower. Though I'm not surprised, since his mother's The Queen of Hearts. Right now, I'm waiting for him in his dorm.

After waiting a bit longer, I get a text from him saying that he just finished with his last class and will be back in a few minutes.

~ Y/N's POV

Opening my dorm door, I walk in and shut it behind me, spotting Carlos sitting on my bed.

"So, what'd you need me for?" I ask as I walk over to him. I notice he's holding something behind his back as he stands up. I stop in front of him, a nervous look on his face.

I look down to what he has in his hand from behind his back, surprised to see a bouquet of vibrant, red roses in his hand.

~ Carlos' POV

I see Y/N's mouth slightly fall open in surprise, his hand coming up and grabbing the roses from me.

"Wow. They're beautiful." He says as he looks back up to me, making me blush.

I tell him they're his birthday present, also saying that I'm sorry I couldn't get him anything more extravagant.

~ Y/N's POV

I pull Carlos into a tight hug, wrapping my arms around his mid-section. He chuckles, setting his chin on top of my head and rubbing the back of my bed with his hand.

"I love them, Carlos." I say, my voice muffled by his chest. I can sense the soft smile on his face.

~ The End