Because I Love You ~ Confession

Update! I'll be making this one shot multiple parts, but I'm not sure how many will be necessary, but it'll definitely be two. Leave comments if you want, and I hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,
JS

~ Narration POV

Carlos slouches over at his desk in his dorm, his hand holding his pencil and steadily writing down the answers of his Math homework on his answer sheet. He's interrupted by the loud sound of his door being thrown open, looking up and over to see Jay run in, his hair messy and loudly panting from his loss of breath.

"C-Carlos! They took Y/N!" Jay exclaims, throwing a dirty and dilapidated piece of paper onto Carlos' desk.

Carlos immediately drops his pencil and picks up the letter, his eyes intently reading the message scribbled haphazardly. "We have your little toy, Carlos. Get to Uma's ship at sundown or he'll be swimmin' with the fishies.
- Harry"

"No..." Carlos mutters in disbelief shooting up out of his seat and grabbing his coat from the back of his chair. He throws it, speeding out of the room and down the hallway, not hearing Jay yelling after him. On a whim, Carlos decides to take Mal's bike to the aisle, grateful that he remembered the spell to make the connecting bridge to The Isle appear. He crosses the bridge and quickly makes it to The Isle, riding through the streets until he makes his way to the street just another block from the docks. He steps off and parks, running down until he makes it to the docks. He looks up at the ship only so see it completely deserted and eerily silent. He slowly walk up until he stand on the main deck, jumping back when he sees Harry coming from around a corner, his hooked hand raised up in the air and a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Well, well, well..." he draws out. "I knew you'd show up to save yer wee damsel-in-distress." Harry says, taunting.

"What did you do with Y/N?! Did you hurt him?!" Carlos yells, growing angry at imagining all the possible torture Y/N probably endured.

"Relax, puppy. He's tied up in my quarters below deck. Ya've gotta fight me for 'um." Harry challenges, promptly unsheathing his sword. He picks up another sword from the wall near him, tossing it to Carlos.

Carlos catches it, tightly gripping the handle. He looks back down at the sword then slowly looks back up at Harry. "Fine then. If it's a fight you want then that's what you're gonna get." Carlos says, his voice low and cold as he gets into a fighting stance.

~ Time Skip

After a long, strenuous, and tense sword fight, Carlos managed to be the victor and only come away with some sections of his shirt and sleeves slashes and a couple cuts on his chest.

He chucks the sword down to the deck floor and glances down at Harry before running down to below deck. He busts through every door until he manages to find Y/N, letting out a huge sigh of relief when he sees Y/N tied to a chair in the middle of the room. "Y/N!" Carlos exclaims as he quickly walks in.

~ Y/N's POV

I slump in the chair I'm tied to. I don't remember how I got here, what I did before, or even what my kidnapper wants with me, and that scares me even more. I'm close to dozing off when my head snaps up to look at the door, hearing it open and footsteps approaching me.

My vision is slightly blurry from the poor lighting of this room and the fact that I've been sleeping on and off since I've been here. I let out a gasp, my vision clearing and the person coming into view. "Carlos!" I exclaim, turning my head back to see him untying the knots around my wrists and ankles. The rope falls to the ground and I'm set free, surprised again when Carlos immediately pulls me in for a hug, burying his face into my neck.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I should've gotten here sooner." He whispers, his voice choked and cracking.

"It's okay, Carlos." I say as I tightly wrap my arms around his mid-section. He pulls away and looks at me, his eyes glassy with tears.

"N-No, it's not, Y/N. I should've been here to protect you sooner, but I failed." He chokes out, a few tears falling down his freckled cheeks.

"Why do you feel such a sting urge to protect and look out for me? I mean, I'm best friends with all the other VK's, but you're always doing extra to make sure I'm okay." I say.

A few moments of silence pass as Carlos looks into my eyes, his face still before he reaches his right hand up and cups my jaw, leaning in towards my face.

I close my eyes as he comes closer, his lips pressed against mine in a slow kiss. My eyes widen before fluttering closed, kissing him back.

He pulls away after only a second, me being silently disappointed that it didn't last longer. "I've always had to protect you, Y/N, and I had no idea what until now. I-It's because I love you." He slowly says, my lips lightly parting in shock...

~ To be continued...