Nightmare

Vote, comment, and I hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,
JS

~ Carlos' POV

My eyes open, yet there's pitch blackness all around me. I slowly look around, only to find not a single light source, or life in general, in sight. My thoughts of confusion are disrupted by a certain voice breaking the thick silence.

"Oh, Carlos. Did you really think you'd be able to keep me away?"

I instantly recognize the voice as my mother, the tone usual for her: menacing and dangerous. Panic slowly rises through me, my body spinning around, my eyes darting everywhere through the black abyss in an attempt to locate where she is.

A feel a stare burning into the back of my head, making me turn around, my eyes widening and mouth dropping in horror at the sight.

Seemingly illuminated by nothing, my mother stands only a few feet from me in her usual appearance, only now with her eyes a pitch black and her mouth baring an unrealistically large grin, her teeth resembling that of a snarling wolf.

I'm too busy taking in her ghastly appearance to notice her lunging at me with lightening speed, her long and sharp fingernails reaching for my throat, her sinister facial features frozen...

"NOOOO!" I yell as a blood-curdling scream rips from my throat, my upper body flying up and sitting upright in my bed.

~ Y/N's POV

"Ugh, I'm never gonna get this paper done in time. Out of all my classes, why does Basic Chivalry have to be the hardest."

I mumble to myself, setting my pencil down beside me papers on my desk, my hands coming up and slowly rubbing my temples.

My clock reads 1:13am. I rub my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up. Looking back down at my essay and pick up my pencil, getting ready write again, but I nearly jump out of my chair at the deafening sound of a scream emitting a few yards from me.

I turn my body around in my chair, my eyes focusing on the sight of Carlos sitting up under the covers on his bed, his eyes wide and panting, some of his hair sticking to his forehead with sweat.

I quickly stand up and speed-walk over to the side of his bed. "What happened, Carlos? Are you okay?" I ask him, my tone barely above a whisper so I don't scare him even more.

He slowly cranes his neck to look at me, stay silent as he looks at me, making me jump back slightly when he abruptly leans forward and nuzzles his head into my neck, wrapping his arms around me from the side.

I settle back down and wrap my left arm around his back, the other coming up and running through his straight, white hair.

A few minutes of Carlos taking long and deep breaths pass, before he speaks up. "N-Nightmare." He mumbles, pulling away to speak but the nuzzling his head into my neck again.

"Do you wanna tell me what it was about?"

"M-Mother." Is all he replies with, wrapping his arms around me tighter. I rub my left hand up and down his back to soothe him, and it seems to work since his breathing evens out.

A few more minutes pass before Carlos pulls away and slowly lays on his back back on the bed, his head nearly sinking into the fluffy pillows. He reaches towards me, signifying he wants me to lay with him. A soft smile spreads across my lips.

I look back to my desk that back down to Carlos, deciding that I can get the essay done tomorrow since it's due the day after that. I lay down on my side next to him, placing my left arm across his chest and left leg across his lap.

I look up at him, my nose grazing his cheek, and he's already fallen back asleep, his facial features relaxed.

I smile to myself before letting my eyes slowly flutter shut.

"G'night, Y/N. I love you." I hear Carlos whisper before I fall asleep.

~ The End