Just Your Usual Day in New York

(I wrote this at 1 in the morning, help)

~Alex~

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Alex... Please explain how Washington sent you on vacation and you came back with a kid" Angelica says.

"Well heh... Its a long story..."

Flashback

"Hey. Hey i think the storm is over" Philip says.

I look up to see that hes right. The hurricane was done. Holy crap i just lived through another hurricane!

When i looked towards Jefferson he looked happy too. For about 30 seconds.

I tried jumping back across the water, slipped, and broke my leg again from falling.

"Shit..." I mutter while trying to stand up. "I swear i can't go one day without injuring myself..."

Jefferson climbs down to check on me. A few seconds later philip comes over and starts thanking me.

"Hey kid, we should probably find your family" Thomas says.

"I... Have no family" Philip sighs.

"Because of the hurricane?" I ask. He shakes his head no. "Let me guess, deadbeat dad, dead...people in general,and now the hurricane?"

"Yep... Howd you know?"

"Just trust me, i know"
-------------------------------------------

We talked for a bit before deciding that Philip would stay with us. Really, he's staying with me, jefferson just happens to exist in my house.

Surprisingly, it was cheaper to fly back to New York then to leave from it.

"In other words, we're both scottish tragedies from the Caribbean. Any other questions? Or can i go back to living my life?"

"Seriously Alex?" Angelca scoffs.

"Hey! Im not letting him go through the stuff I did"

"Didnt you rise to the top after your past though?"

"If you consider working in an office "the top", then thats sad. All I did was start a better life than before"

"I still dont think you can take care of a kid" peggy says.

"Rude. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of someone, let alone a kid"

"Your lifestyle says otherwise" thomas scoffs.

I glare at him. "Whats that supposed to mean?"

"Lets see, you get drunk and do dumb crap that nearly gets you killed, you're violent as hell, you won't leave work unless someone physically drags you out" he lists off. "Oh, and you curse"

"Well shit, you just made me hate my life... Look, im perfectly capable of taking care of Philip. Just dont tell eliza. She will very much kill me."

"I think she'll just silently judge you from far away"

"No, that's what Angelica does"

She mutters something under her breath before leaving with Peggy. I swear she secretly hates me. Then again, we're not exactly on good terms since "the incident". Not the one with John. Completly different incident.

"I'd have to agree with Angelica, Alex" Thomas says.

"I hate you" I reply while walking out the door. He reaches for my hand while walking with me.

"We both know its the opposite"

"Well, yeah, but nobody needs to know that."

He freezes. "Hold up. Did you just admit that you love me?"

"Yep. Never thought i would, but i do. I guess being soulmates isnt that bad. Which reminds me- nevermind."

We continued walking for what felt like an hour before stopping by the nearest coffee shop. I swear, it feels weird being in the same room as Jefferson and not arguing with him.

"So Alex" he starts. Welp, there goes being able to drink coffee in peace. "I was wondering, how many people have you dated exactly?"

Shit. That wasn't what I was expecting.

I start counting in my head. "I think... 15 people?"

"You're a dumbass. How are there even 15 people that would date you?"

"Easy. I flirt with everyone" I say casually"

"Dumbass"