This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

(Can we just acknowledge this?)

(And this)

~Alex~

"Hey Alex, what are those marks on your neck?" Burr asks.

I quickly pull up my shirt collar. "I uh have no idea what you're t-talking about" I stutter.

"Wait, did you and Thomas-

"No! No, no not at all. We did nothing. We just happened to exist in the same room at the same time."

"In the same bed?"

"Nothing gets past you, does it... This, Burr, is why I bring coffee from home. So i can avoid you entirely"

"Whats wrong Hamilton? Too scared to share what you did?" I hear someone call.

"At least im not a friendless jerkwad like you, Adams! You scare off anyone remotely attracted to you!" I yell back. "Ive dated and fuc-"

"Hamilton!" Washington says. Shit, i forgot he was here.

He motions towards his office. I walk inside and hope im not fired or something. "Sir, we both know that I didn't start that. So if you fire Adams, there'll be no more problems."

"Thats not why I called you in here." Crap, now I'm actually nervous. "You need a break from work"

"I just got back though"

"Exactly. We both know youre gonna end up locking yourself in your office so you can work"

"I mean, that's not exactly bad" I say casually.

"Alex... I'm giving you a paid vacation to the Caribbean"

I calmly walk to my office, punch a hole in the wall, then walk back. "Sorry sir, cant do that. As you can see, i have an injury that'd i have to care for and-"

"Hamilton. Go get stiches. And go take a break"

I just nod seeing as I dont have a choice. Whats up with people wanting me to take a break? Geez.

He hands me a check with an amount of money I never thought id see. I go home to pack my bags and guess who was parked in front of my house?

If you thought Thomas, you get 10 dollars. Yay you.

"Let me guess... Youre coming with me?"

"Yep" he sighs. I shrug before cramming some stuff in a suitcase. This is just perfect. I'm going on a trip I dont want to go on to the Caribbean. Basically going back home. With the guy who I dont even know how i feel about them. Just great.

We ended up taking a plane there. I dont trust ships after the last time. Nearly died... I honestly couldve just hid in the airport but i dont think that wouldve gone to well.

Like, how would you explain being a 25 year old, sleep deprived guy hiding in the airport?

As soon as we landed, i was tempted to hangout on the plane but Thomas grabbed my hand.

"C'mon Alex, its just a bit of vacation" he says.

"Hey since when do you call me Alex? And i told you my past, you should know why i dont want to be here!" I screech.

"There's no way we're in your hometown or whatever-"

"There is a fucking sign right over there that says "welcome to Nevis" so shut up. Please. I really dont want to be here..." I start walking off with no intention of going anywhere specific.

This place has really changed. Like a lot. By the looks of it, the whole town was rebuilt. I wouldve kept wondering aimlessly if I hadnt heard someone calling my name.

"Hamilton? Is that you?" They say.

I turn to see someone pointing towards me.

"Holy shit guys, its hamilton!"

A bunch of people start walking out and greeting me, some hugging me. Thomas just stands to the side confused about everything.

"Ok hold on... You all still remember me? Its been what, 8 years?" I say casually.

I can't believe it. Its been a while since ive been here but it looks like a majority of the people recognize me. That's uh... That's cool.

Well it was until this one guy ran out and threw a shoe at me. Yep, i remember this guy.

"Get outta here hamilton! You stole from me!"

"I have no idea what youre talking about"

"Alex, what did you do?" Thomas asks.

"I may or may not have stolen bread from him when i was 15. But in my defence, it was either that or die" i scoff.

He shruggs before we start walking again. Before we reached my old house though, I froze when i looked towards the ocean.

"Thomas... We need to leave. Now."