I shrugged it off, taking advantage of the fact that her parents weren't home to easily climb over the small gate and walk to the front door, deciding that it would've been better to ring the doorbell from there. I did, crossing my arms and pursing my lips, patiently waiting for someone to come to the door and take me out of the cold of the night, looking up eagerly in the second as soon as I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Raine?" The blonde girl asked as soon as she opened the door, her grey eyes studying me in confusion. Her hair was messy and put up in a careless ponytail, the navy blue sweatshirt she was wearing big on her, a hint of tamed anger in her silvery irises.

"Hey Isla!" I said cheerfully, deciding to ignore the little glare she sent my way at the mention of her name. "Where are your parents? There are no cars in the driveway" I added, curiously.

She shrugged. "They're out for a charity thingy, probably will be back in a few hours" she said quickly, the way she scrunched up my nose telling me that she had no interest in that conversation, and probably wished she was somewhere else. "Are you here for Callie?" She then asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah, is she here?" I asked, shooting a worried glance into the house.

She shrugged again. "She's been in her room since the dinner."

I frowned at her words. It was clear by then that something was wrong, I wondered what it was. Had she got into a fight with her parents, or Isla herself? "Do you know why?"

She let out a sour laugh. "As if is care enough to ask her, come on."

I pursed my lips to avoid commenting on her behaviour. She was her older sister after all, and they were both old enough to be over the whole I hate you childhood stage. But I knew that things between them weren't easy, hadn't been for years, for some reason I wasn't aware of. "Can I come in?" I asked in the end, and she nodded.

"Sure, just try to get out of here before three. You know our parents hate when we let people in while they aren't here, especially during the night." She scooted to the side, allowing me to walk into the house.

"Understandable, I'll just go up now" I told her, carefully taking off my shoes and leaving them next to the front door because I knew how much their parents despised dirt, walking up the stairs as she let out a small, "alright" behind me.

As soon as I reached Callie's door I knocked on its wooden surface, waiting in silence for a reply.

"Who's there?" I heard in the end coming feebly from inside, and I opened the door, putting my hand on its side as I looked into the room.

"It's me, Callie" I said gently, and she turned her head to look at me.

She'd been lying on the bed, but she'd sat up quickly in the second I'd opened the door, and was now leaning against footboard, her usual pink fluffy blanket forgotten next to her, wearing a white crumpled up t-shirt and a pair of dark sweatpants. "Oh, you" she said, raising an eyebrow as soon as she took me in.

I frowned at the tone of her voice, but I decided to ignore it as I walked into the room, turning on the light as I did, as the same source of illumination until then had been the golden light of her bedside lamp. "What's wrong? You weren't at the party tonight."

She let out an exasperated sigh, taking the fluffy blanket and throwing it towards the headboard in a momentary spike of nervous rage. "You know what? It's all your fault!"

"My fault?" I asked, confused, stopping in the middle of the room.

She turned towards me again putting her hand on the footboard as she did so, her light beige nail polish a contrast to the darkness of the ebony of her bed structure."You told me to go out with Joel!"