Chapter 28 "I'm Not James Bond"

Începe de la început

Halstead walks back into the bedroom to see Shaylynn standing there with their luggage

He gets a pissed off look on his face, "You better not have carried those bags up the stairs!" he tells her in a pissed off tone.
Shaylynn smiles, "No, there's an elevator," she says walking over to him, "I wouldn't do anything to endanger our sons."
Right then the doorbell rings, Halstead looks at her, "You better go answer that," she tells him.
Halstead walks out of the bedroom and downstairs.
As he gets closer to the front door he sees Will, Ruzek, and two of his friends standing there. They all start waving at him.
Halstead opens the door and stares at them, "What are you guys doing here?" he asks them.
"Shaylynn flew us in," Will tells him as he walks in with the rest behind him.
"Why?" Halstead asks.
"So you're not skiing by yourself," he hears Shaylynn say from behind.
The other guys walk up the stairs and over to Shaylynn, "Thanks for the trip," Will tells her giving her a hug.
The other guys follow suit thanking and hugging her, "Head upstairs and find your rooms," she tells each of them.
The guys see the stairs and walk in that direction heading upstairs as Halstead walks over to her.
He wraps his arms around her, "Thanks for this but I wish you were skiing with me."
Shaylynn laughs, "I don't ski so this works out perfectly," she tells him.
"Really?" he questions, "I always pictured you skiing down a mountain taking out the bad guys."
Shaylynn starts laughing again, "I'm not James Bond," she tells him, "Anyways I'm more used to heat and sand. We better be getting some sleep. You guys have an early day and I'm sure the jetlag is going to be hitting me soon."
"Let's go," Halstead says as he grabs her hand and walks over to the stairs.