She had been told from one thing, to the next, to end up finding out that it had been a lie. Who was she supposed to believe. All of it was driving her mind to insanity.

Jisoo: Tell me the whole story. Why didn't Jiyong deny killing my parents when I had confronted him? Why did he accept all of my accusations?

Il Woo: Because he too was fooled into thinking that he did kill your parents that day.

Jisoo: I don't understand.

Il Woo: On the day of the accident, Seungri had planned out a conversation that was intended for Jiyong to hear. Without knowing the full details he had rushed off to warn your parents about Seungri's plans. However the reason your parents had driven off the cliff that day wasn't because of Jiyong. It was because Seungri had ordered someone to destroy the brakes on their car—

Jisoo: Which was intended to make it seem like it was Jiyong who forced them to drive off the cliff.

Il Woo nodded.

Il Woo: And because Jiyong didn't know that there was a problem with the brakes on your parents' car, he too had thought that he had killed them. It was all perfectly planned out by Seungri.

Jisoo looked up towards the ceiling to stop her tears from falling. Her fists clenched tightly as her whole body shook with anger.

With a resentful scream she slammed her fist onto the table, breaking the glass in the process.

Il Woo gasped at the result of Jisoo's injured hand.

It was covered in blood with glass shards from the table still embedded into her fingers. But despite the mess of it all, the latter's face remains emotionless.

Il Woo: Jisoo... your hand...

Jisoo ignored the elder man's worry and looked up into his tired eyes.

Jisoo: Will you... help me take down Seungri?

Il Woo remained silent in which Jisoo took it as him refusing her offer.

Jisoo: I promise you, that I will do everything in my power to ensure yours as well as your wife's and Jaehyun's safety. I need to stop Seungri, but I can't do it alone.

The elder man stared at Jisoo with sorrow filled eyes before breaking down into a crying mess.

Il Woo: How can you still trust me...? After everything that I've done to you...

Jisoo returns the elder a warm smile before placing a comforting hand on his.

Jisoo: Because I understand why you did it. At the end of the day we're both only doing the best that we can to try and protect those we love. I can't blame you for lying to me when I would do the same exact thing for Jennie.

At Jisoo's words, Il Woo completely broke down. In tears of guilt and gratitude. He took a hold of Jisoo's grasped hand and held it tightly in his own before giving her an assured nod.

Il Woo: you have my full cooperation Jisoo-shi. Just let me know what I need to do.

•••