Chapter-12: Word from the Woeful

Ozpin: So we have two dead bodies that only we three, bar Ironwood, know now. Word is already being spread that you may have grievously injured the General's son and possibly killed a few Atlesian soldiers after you.
Night: Petty rumours with no substance, the people of Vale don't seem to care much so long as Atlesian law enforcement are out of our borders.
Ozpin: True, but it's the students you have to worry about. You were dangerously close to being exposed as an Ekon, thankfully only Port suspects something.
???: So wait...

The ravenette and the aged man turned to their once silent spectator, who was looking at both of them in confusion and a tinge of apprehension.

Oscar: Night is an immortal undead who feeds on blood, but is also one of the strongest of his kind?
Ozpin: Ekons are generally resilient like that. Pure-blooded Ekons, on the other hand, are a rarity and were feared and revered in the days of the epidemic. The last recorded one was the Count of Ochre here in Vale, but people regard that as mere urban legend now.
Oscar: *frowns at Ozpin* How do you know of this?
Ozpin: With how old I am, and what I go against everyday, knowledge is a weapon I can't go without.

With that, Ozpin took a sip of his coffee, sighing in contentment. Oscar was seated on one of the chairs in front of Ozpin with a grim look worn on his face, which was gradually losing its color as the conversation progressed. Meanwhile, Night was seated on the table with a silver flask filled with blood in his hand, courtesy of Professor Peach's laboratory.

Ozpin: Back to the matter at hand, it seems as though we are in a pinch regarding the Beacon teams if they have sent two of their own to assassinate you. So, what did you do?
Night: What I could have done. I sent Yatsu to his own death down a cliff and am manipulating Foxx for the sake of info.
Oscar: You WHAT?!
Night: Hey! It was me or them, back off!
Ozpin: You could have handled the case of Yatsuhashi a bit better. Couldn't you have just manipulated the both of them?
Night: I am one person, Professor. I can't subconsciously brainwash two people into my bidding. Brainwashing one has drained me a lot and I have to resort to drink from a blood bank.
Ozpin: Regardless, missing Huntsmen aren't that rare so we'll go with that approach. The Council is gonna have a field day with this.
Night: Back to more serious matters, Arc can be shaped into a useful ally, what with their family having made renowned warriors.
Ozpin: The matter of Jaune lies in your hands entirely, I'll turn a blind eye to him being separate from his team if situations are this grim.
Oscar: Why not sue Nikos?
Night: Ozpin is treading on thin ice as it is, if he made the Valerian council's display girl leave the school the consequences won't be in our favour. Ozpin: What have you managed to gather from the Haven students?
Night: We can trust them for now, they have helped me a lot but I am sure there is some ulterior motive they have for that as well, it just doesn't make sense any way otherwise.
Oscar: If you gave that glass sword away, you don't have a weapon for close-quarter combat.
Ozpin: Weapons are an extension of our souls. Someone else's weapon, no matter how strong, will always feel like a glove that does not fit.
Night: That's another thing.....they somehow felt really warm in my hands. So the owner must have something akin to a flame semblance.
Oscar: ....Wait, I think I know why.

Night stopped mid sip as his eyes shifted towards Oscar, with a bit of blood leaking from his lips. It made Oscar flinch.

Oscar: Maybe this has something to do with the woman that Miss Goodwitch tried to fight, the one from the Bullhead who shot flames or something.

Night put down his flash and wiped his mouth on his sleeve much to Oscar's relief. It was only the frown he was wearing that caused Oscar to be a bit jumpy.