One-Shot: Dandelion

(This is a non-canon story requested by Corruptprophet777 )

She clutched his note tightly on her trembling hands, tears threatening to fall from the eyes she had hidden behind her glasses.

One drop...two drop...three drops

She couldn't help it. She began to weep from the note left by the Branwen she had fallen in love with, who promised to be there for her forever, but left her as soon as situations became complicated.

She always had her suspicions, but it didn't help the feeling of utter grief that overtook her when she found out he had been with Summer all this time.

They even had a child years ago, and even then Qrow shamelessly continued to cheat on her. Glynda didn't know whether Summer knew, or if Qrow was dishonest with them both.

In the end, it left her in a state where any man could have confusions whether or not this was the real Glynda Goodwitch. The strict, skilled deputy headmistress of Beacon Academy could never be vulnerable enough to cry in a courtyard, right? Wrong.

As she started to sob, she couldn't help but feel as though she had been used. She just wanted to cleanse herself from the filth of the Branwen's touch. Yet, she really did love him as honestly as she could, so what made him choose Summer Rose over her?

She hoped to know, yet she feared to find out?

However, something almost magical happened at that moment, something which made her forget about the cheating whoreson that was Qrow Branwen and any love she possessed for him after.

Someone held out a napkin for her.

???: Far be it for me to not help a beautiful lady overwhelmed by sorrow and grief.

Glynda POV

As I looked up, I was met with the face of someone who looked far too young to be this courteous.
I recognized him immediately.

Me: M-Mister Rune, may I remind you that it is past curfew?
Oh Gods, even my voice isn't supporting me now.
Night: *tilts his head* There is no curfew in weekends, is there?

Oh but of course, Ozpin just HAD to favour the students again.
Me: No matter. Please let me be for now Mr Rune.
Night: *chuckles* My napkin is still out for offer Miss Goodwitch.

As a sign of courtesy, I took it and wiped my eyes. It's quite simplistic, but has a certain vintage attraction to it, like the way the napkin's owner dresses himself.
A soothing voice asked me:
Night: Is there something wrong, Miss Goodwitch?
Me: Nothing. You best hurry along Night, it doesn't suit you to comfort an old lady.
Night: *frowns a bit* You are in shambles Miss Goodwitch. Old or not, your still a person. And I can't keep it in my conscience to watch an elegant and strong lady such as yourself cry helplessly.

Something about his voice and nature told me that he wasn't here to utilize or take advantage of my vulnerability. That he was genuinely concerned about my state. That he was doing his best to comfort me.
Heh, I am pretty much a sucker for any of those cliche scenarios.

Me: I caught my long-term boyfriend cheating on me with one of my good friends. He even had a kid with her, and that's when he decided to ditch me. *Laughs bitterly* He even left me a note, to make matters worse.

I handed it to him, and he read it with silence on his part.

I was tearing up all over again. It hurt me so damn much, that the one person I gave my heart to trampled it mercilessly before giving it back in a million pieces.

Night: Dirty whoreson!

That word caught me by surprise, as I looked towards Night to see him clench the note furiously.