Dark Blue

Five minutes into a conversation with the golden-haired god and I could feel my stubbornness fade away, years with him come back to me as his good-natured humor cracks me up, it felt good to smile again- a real one. Everything was light-hearted until one of the Avengers made the mistake of speaking into Thor's earpiece, my trust faltered as I realized our conversation wasn't private, "of course," I thought as I could feel myself edge away from him.

"Y/N please, I miss you, everybody you left on Asgard misses you but what the Hel happened, you left with a smile and kindness in your heart only to be creating wars on Midgard a year later?" he pushes, already sensing me draw away. "Miss me?" I scoff, "why would they miss me when they were the ones that kicked me out, out of my only home when I was my most vulnerable?" the volume of my voice increases with every word I say as my focus stays on his sky blue eyes, light compared to his brothers darker ones.

Silence fills our ears, my eyes dart between the floor and his feet until the familiar sound of Mjolnir fills my ears and my 8-year-old excitement returns to me as a crash of lightening drowns everything out and lights go out. "Nobody's watching you anymore, please, I want to help you, I know this isn't you and-," "you don't know what I am," my voice quiet, barely audible. 

Lips turned into a thin-pressed line and eyes like a guilty puppy, he accepts defeat, "then you leave me no choice." The light flickers back on, "I must take you back to Asgard for... containment," and he turns, as I watch him go, dread fills within me as well as a sense of wonder, that night in the cell left me to daydream about what it would be like for Loki to see me again, and what I would say when I saw those dark blue eyes again.

-------------------------------------------------