Torture

Loki's P.O.V

  I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,

I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.

Present

I did it, after years of the guilt eating at me, I had released my apology. I guess she thought
that I was apologizing for the fight but it was far from it. I apologized for everything; for leaving her when she told me not to, to allowing her to arrive at Midgard without me, for not saving her, for not seeing her, for not loving her as much as she deserved.  The thoughts pass through my mind one after the other as I flinch from the sound of footsteps, guards.

I flinched and closed my eyes, what am I supposed to do, leave her to be tortured and keep my ego or save the woman I love and risk becoming the weak young boy Thanos had discovered years ago. They were coming closer.

I heard the sound of the cell magic diminishing just enough for two heavily armored men to arrive. I watched as they cuffed her, she had a glimpse of fear in her eyes that were covered by her pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows. I stretched out my arm after making my decision, "wait." She was gone.

Tears clouded my vision and in a final act of desperation, I waved an illusion over my cell, even if it was a few tears, nobody could see me like this, weak, needy, desperate. I set myself in the darkest corner as my illusion continues to read Macbeth, I never got to finish it the 8th time but I already know how it ends.

The dark corner welcomed me as I braced for the screaming. Torture- was it hers or was it mine, the room where it was taking place was a few cells away, right at the end of the prison, a place where few made it out conscious or mentally stable. She acted strong but I knew that the screams weren't going to be muffled. The thick metal door closed and I closed my eyes, allowing tears to fall before the sobbing came.

"Stop, please!" I heard her scream, it was loud and clear, coming every other second after her sobbing or pleading. It was killing me, it was killing her. I screamed alongside her with sobs, why hadn't I stopped them, I could've easily done it. I would've destroyed the entire cell completely if it wasn't for her, I didn't want her to move cells again as the repair came for this one, I wanted her to be happy, I wanted her to be mine.

Finally after what seemed like years, the screaming stopped, either because of unconsciousness or the hour had come, either way, the doors opened and I crouched in my corner, allowing the illusion to silently read, his unawareness causing jealously to spread like wildfire in me.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////