Rot Away

1st Person P.O.V

  And if I seem dangerous,

Would you be scared?  

Present  

I growled at the guard forcing me to kneel in front of Odin and Thor, the monster within me present. After my attack on Washington, the Avengers eventually caught up with me and threw me in a cell at the Stark Tower until my fate was decided. Eventually, Thor said that he will take me home to Asgard and lock me up there, where I will be 'safe' from causing harm to the trivial mortals.

"Y/N Y/L/N you are to rot away in jail for your crimes against Midgard" declares the unfit 'King'. I stare down the two rulers as I am pushed toward the jail cells by ignorant guards. My steps are heavy as I walk as confidently as I can act. "Ha," I scoff to myself, "every time I'm in Asgard I must always put up an act," I think in my head as I look toward the fields in which I once roamed. My attention, however, is now directed toward where I will be spending the rest of my life.

What would be a beautiful sight to newcomers, with sheer gold forcefields and an unusually white cell filled with Asgardian furniture, is torture to my eyes as I am pushed with immense force into my new 'home'. 

"There are; three meals a day, showers every 2-3 days, clothing in the closet, laundry is every 3 weeks, and cell cleaning every month," says a guard with a gruff voice "but one wrong move and I might 'forget' your meals occasionally, or skip over your cell during showers. So don't test me" he says in an intimidating voice while coming closer and closer toward my cell then briskly leaving.

As soon as his footsteps faded away, I collapsed onto the bed, my head swimming from everything that's happened in the past 24 hours. My emotions kept making it harder and harder to keep up the act of being strong, so before releasing tears I've held for who knows how long, I checked my surrounding as a force of habit. 

Twisting my head left and right to see if anybody was watching me, I land on a pair of brilliant blue eyes I haven't seen for years- the last person who saw me before the seed of a monster was planted within me.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N From here on out, each story will falter between flashbacks and present tense, almost as if you (the reader) were finding things out the same time as Loki.