Cellmates

1st Person P.O.V

  Can I clear my conscience,

If I'm different from the rest,

 Do I have to run and hide?  

Present

//*Warning - mild swearing*//

After turning an entire cell into a crime scene and not having a blink of sleep for the past 72 hours, exhaustion took over my body as I fell into a deep sleep. I tried to fight it, especially as I haven't placed an illusion over my cell after Thor had left, but my eyelids dropped without my permission and I dreamt in the dark corner.

My slender hand grabbed the glowing amethyst. Pain, misery, and hatred filled inside of me until I was numb to everything. All the emotions I just felt were still there, and yet I didn't care, I accepted that it would be a new part of me. Suddenly, my body started to shake and I could hear someone screaming at me in the distance.

"Get up!" I was pulled out of my trance as the same guard from yesterday grabbed my forearm and lifted me off the ground. Dazed and not completely aware of the situation, I gave the familiar man a confused look until memories started flooding back into my head. The man had started putting my hands into rusted handcuffs as he instructed me my fate. "The royal highness, Prince Thor has instructed me to put you in the cell of his brother for health purposes," damn it, why was I foolish enough to accept his help "a bed has been added, along with replicas of whatever you've broken" he finished using the same gruff voice, yet there was a hint of something else. Almost a sadness or fear, "he's probably bitter that he can't refuse to feed me in the presence of a prince" the devil on my shoulder stated, allowing me to return to my poker face.

I was walked out of my cell and toward the God of Lies, whose eyes follow me as enter his cell. My own Y/E/C eyes stare into his blue ones as I am face to face with him after the armored man had taken off my handcuffs. "My brother seems to think I can help you" Loki scoffs, matching my poker face. "Well, that oaf must be more thick-headed than I thought" I snarkily reply, insulting both princes.

A quick look of hurt was plastered on his face for a second until returning to a straight face, a trick he had learned after years of practice. I look up and smirk at the control I now had over him as I walked toward my bed and pulled out a book. The prince's cell was the largest of the entire dungeon, furnished with the finest furniture and an endless amount of books. "Frigga" I muttered under my breath as I turned the page, ignoring the baffled prince's stares as I am pulled into the words of Shakespeare.

"Shit" my bothered voice breaks the silence after one of my many cuts had reopened. The red pigment is splattered over my leg as I stand up, not wanting to sleep in bloodied covers. "I can help you with that," a melodic British accent says from the far side of the room. "And why would you want to do that?"I snap back. "Being in a room covered in blood was never on my to-do list and I find it revolting," he covers up with a disgusted look. I give him my death stare as I agree, "fine."

Like a lion stalking its prey, Loki carefully makes his way towards me as I collapse into an armchair to the right of my bed. Once he is inches away from me, he places his hand on my leg, I jump at his touch, but slowly I melt into it as he and I both fail to hide our smiles. Loki closes his eyes and has a look of concentration. I couldn't help but look at his features. His long dark hair, now shoulder length, and his pale skin enhancing his locks. He now wears full body armor, but without the golden helmet. My eyes trace over every inch of his face as he kneels before me with a hand on my leg. 

My eyes suddenly jump to my cuts as they slowly start to fade, my eyes widen as the magic contaminates my entire body, healing scars from past fights and attempts at war. The magic abruptly stops as he opens his eyes and I am brought back to my childhood.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////