Visitor

1st person P.O.V

  I was never one for pretenders,

Everything I tried to be,

Just wouldn't settle in  

Flashback

"I am so sorry my prince" I frantically muttered when I realized I had just bumped into the blue-eyed prince. I had heard my mother say that phrase multiple times so I repeated it and hoped for the best.

"It's alright, are you okay, err, sorry what was your name again?" Loki asks, "Y/N Y/L/N" I chime in, "and I'm perfectly fine thank you." "Y/L/N, wait a moment, you're one of my maid's daughters aren't you?" Loki questions, "yes I am" I reply in an agitated tone. I never liked when people called my mother a maid, after all, it was the reason that kindergarten (out of all places) was torture.

Not wanting to be in the conversation anymore, I told the prince I had to help my mother and quickly took my leave toward the servants' chambers, leaving the young prince dumbfounded at what he did that angered me. 

The slam of the wooden door announced my arrival as I made my way toward my mother, busy doing laundry for one of the royal family members. This usually meant she was busy the rest of the night, so I washed up and passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

That night, I tossed and turned as memories of the taunting played over and over in my mind like a broken record until I awoke in a jolt late into the morning. "Finally awake?" Mother asks with a smile on her face, "there's someone who wants to speak with you." Curiosity builds up inside of me, who would want to speak to me, the only people who speak to me do it only when they're forced, with the exception of my mother.

Rushing to get ready, I throw on a dark blue summer dress with gladiator shoes as I wash myself up and my mother walks me toward the mysterious person. "Strange, my visitor my live in the castle" I pondered to myself as my mother drags me up two floors until she turns to me at a large golden door, "I will leave you two now, once I am out of sight, knock on the door and enter once you are told, I love you Y/N" she kisses my forehead as a goodbye and with a final look towards me, she's gone.

I turn my head and I heard a crash in the room. Forgetting everything my mother had just told me, I race into the room to see not one but two Lokis. The crash, I presumed was the real Loki falling backward. His head shoots up to look at me when I screamed at the scene in front of me.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////