Summer

1st person P.O.V

   ever since I could remember    

everything inside of me

just wanted to fit in  

Flashback

The summer breeze danced with my hair as I walked around the fields of Asgard. It was the last day of kindergarten and I was overjoyed, to say the least, no more taunting or looks of disgust toward my figure whenever I came into the classroom. The best part is, I had an entire summer to rest and be completely and utterly myself, with nobody around to judge me.

At a young age, I knew I was different, nobody would be around me because of my heritage. My father was of Midgard and my mother, a maid in the Royal Castle. It was a relief when I inherited my mother's immortality or I would've been banished from the only home I'd ever known. The word of my strange family had gotten around and no matter how hard I tried, how much I tried to act like I fit in, I simply didn't.

That final day at kindergarten was a farewell to the bullying (or so I'd hoped) so I celebrated by going to my favorite place in all the nine realms, the garden of Asgard. 

When you live where I lived, you get sick of all the gold, I know it sounds ungrateful but gold was too...much. Although, in the garden of Asgard, the flowers bloomed; red, violet, taupe, white, and more. The beauty of it all had me exploring there for hours on end until I noticed the sun begin to set and turned to rush home.

My body spun around only to be hit by a green and gold armor. My small frame couldn't take the sudden force and flailed toward the ground until a boy not much older than I grabbed my hand and pulled me up. I didn't know it then but I had just met my best friend for the rest of my childhood- Loki.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////