The Battle of Washington

1st Person POV

Flashback

My brain is wired with actions and their consequences as my fists follow. Stomach: painful (especially near the diaphragm). Nose: tearing up (blurred vision for follow-up actions). Commentary plays within my mind as I race up the marble white stairs, past guards and civilians. Passing by a window allows a corner of my vision to gaze as my tweaked clones fight the group that calls themselves the 'Avengers', my attention goes directly toward a Gold and Red suit fly toward my position and I continue my battle toward the top of the stairs.

Dodge. Kick. Bullet. It repeats in monotone as I age closer and closer to the safe room behind his portrait. Last floor. My breathing slows as the senses are on high alert at the lack of security. I turn a corner, dark, shadows, not beneficial for an... assassin. No that makes me seem like a villain and what I'm doing is good, and through the screams of pain, people will understand I'm trying to protect them, right?

"They'll realize it, and if they don't? We'll make them," an eerie voice from behind me states. I turn and to my disbelief, a figure stands behind me, it wasn't the fact that she was a clone of mine (as I already knew they existed as of... an hour ago) but the fact that she had a shadow, one fainter than mine but still visible. The thing is that she didn't have one an hour ago, and it seems that as it darkens, the fainter mine becomes. I feel a ghostlike push jolt me forward, toward a portrait of a man in a black suit. A gun is loaded in my palm and I'm alone once more.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - 

Minute after minute, portrait after portrait, "who knew the president had an entire art gallery up here?" I mutter under my breathe as I turn another corner. "I quite like them," a sarcastic voice a few meters away from me replies. I lift my head to meet his eyes as well as two repulsors pointed toward me. Tony Stark. I cock my head in a playful matter as I edge closer, gun behind my back and a knife under my sleeve, "I see Ironman likes to visit art galleries in his spare time." "So you've heard of me," we dance, slowly circling around each other "don't flatter yourself, I had to search you up a mere day ago."

"Doing your research on me is easy enough, what about you, a mystery case, almost as if you appeared a year ago and started to murder innocents on your way to D.C," an agitated look appears on my face, "innocents? The people I kill are for the benefit of the world, they're rapists, sick, evil, and anybody else who stands in my way are stopping a world without them." "I like what you're saying but the things coming out of your mouth don't match your crimes, thousands dead through open fire and I can't imagine the total dead from those creepy little women who look almost exactly like you." I smile, until I take a fateful glance to see my shadow completely black, my panicked eyes stare out a darkened window to see the Avengers running up the first few steps toward me and my army nowhere in sight. He was stalling. I stare at him, my expression nothing like what it was a few seconds ago and Stark senses it. 

I shoot my shot the same time he does along with a smoke bomb as I roll out of that hallway racing toward the portrait of a small girl. What Tony didn't know was that he wasn't the only one stalling, I set my heat sensory device that detects to the exact inch- accurate but slow. The metalman now laid on the floor with a suit that doesn't work due to my shot being dead center, right through the blue diamond that supplies energy for the suit.

The portrait swings open as soon as I rewire the fingerprint sensory which takes less than a minute. Faint footsteps follow me but they're too late. I walk into a low hallway leading to a dark room. I hear deep breathing inside it alongside the whimpering of a girl? There was a family of three, a woman grasping the girl who was no older than four, tears streaking down her face. Standing in front of them was the president, ready to face me off with no protection whatsoever. This gesture of love takes me by surprise, this...this is the man who allows such disturbing things to happen to this country? "Do it," her voice hisses behind me, her being one of the last clones. My gun is pointed toward him, I take my time, and flashes come to me.

___________________________

YIKES! So sorry about not posting and honestly I have no excuses but how I hated the original way I wrote this so I decided to rewrite it which ended up with me having writer's block. I finally got over the most difficult chapter so I'm gonna actually post now. While I was gone so many people have started to read this so I would just like to say thank you so much! 

Also, I saw captain marvel last week and lemme just say that CAROL DANVERS IS A GODDESS and the endgame trailer also dropped so I'm just a mess.

 If you wanna know what I'm up to you can go on my Avengers fan account on Instagram @youngrdj where I'm active every day and I post anywhere from 1-3 days apart. I'm going to create my imagine series right now over there so if you want shorter Avengers imagines with a mini 'edit' over it for visuals, head over there <3

THANK YOU AGAIN ILY ALL!!!