Breathes Held and Bullet Sounds

Breathes held, bullet sounds, and a pain in my chest. A "bang" left a circle of people, Avengers, the president, and his family, and in the middle- me and her. 

In the last minute decision, I pulled the trigger, but not before turning toward the shadow that been feeding me with lies. Her smile disappears as the bullet goes through her chest, pain doesn't flash but anger and confusion do. That when I feel it, glancing down to see my suit drenched in blood, the exact spot the bullet was supposed to go for her. The world spins, head dizzy and cluster of madness behind my blurred eyes. 

I could imagine the Avengers confused from my "change of heart", the president running towards safety with the remainder of his guards. That was expected, what I hadn't expected was a low rumbling voice beside me repeating the phrase, "what have you done Y/N?" I could never have predicted the man that I left behind to feel remorse for my mistakes, Thor's face then turned into two, then three, until it all falls black.

Muffled whispers startle me awake, the moment I adjusted to the blinding white lights, my eyesight goes, from the realization that my life can never return to the way it was, the sense of a schedule was gone and for once, I couldn't predict anything. Too many tabs open within my mind till' I'm interrupted with the sight of a bruised Tony Stark on the other side of my cell, protected with a barrier that's meant for something much stronger than me. 

"First off, I won that fight because you didn't play fair," he started off, joking as if I was a kid, "second of all, what the hell happened back there- you fought us only to shot..yourself?" All I could do was stare, truth be told I didn't know myself. "Now you've gone mute too!" he replies in a snarky yet light-hearted tone. "You didn't win anything Stark," I say, answering what little I knew because even if they've taken everything from me, they can't take away my pride.

Minutes of awkward silence pass, glancing between the ceiling and floor, footsteps signaling his exit, I breathe a sigh of relief before meeting the blue eyes of a blond god, somebody I knew as a brother now so distant, maybe it was the cell, or something else, but I missed that feeling of security, of home, or was it that those very blue eyes were usually followed by a second pair, belonging to a raven-haired god?

------------------------------------------------------

I was supposed to post yesterday but I couldn't log in to my computer so here it is! A very short chapter that I will make up for next week! <3