Power

1st Person P.O.V

  I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me,

I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me.  

Flashback

I couldn't breathe, the water entered through my airways, my clothing weighing me down. The icy February lake water forced me down toward the rocks. While floating down, I gave up struggling and fell further and further away from the moonlight that shone through the deep-blue water. I allow my eyes to close, my body is shivering like mad but I am calm, I allow myself to relax, spreading out my arms, welcoming whatever came next because I was free.

The lack of oxygen was finally settling in. Being immortal, I was able to hold my breath longer than the average mortal, allowing myself to bathe in the quiet, peace spreading throughout my body as I took in my final moments, this was it.

The water had numbed my senses, allowing myself to realize that I was at the bottom of the lake once I hadn't felt the falling sensation. I opened my eyes a final time, taking in the world around me. The midnight blue water glided across the seaweed, The grey rocks becoming a bed for me and a mulberry glow surrounded me. Wait! WHAT? A purple stone lay beside me, it had rough jagged edges with a magical element to it. I was losing conscious but my curiosity grabbed the stone.

The stone, almost expecting my grasp, immediately encased me with a glow, I felt, stronger. My broken bones were mended, the cuts and bruises healed. My thin frame grew muscle and I felt a surge of energy, and a bloodlust. After the blissful feeling of new power, my brain was imploded by new messages. Suffering, pain, misery, murder, and anger. I felt brainwashed, but I still had me and my memories. I opened my violet glowing eyes and burst out of the water. The grey clouds immediately covered the yellow moon, leaving nothing but darkness. 

A smirk formed on my face as I landed on the highway bridge. I run faster than I ever had until I reach the trailer, my home for the past two months. I strut my way through the parking lot, glancing toward the brick wall, painted with blood, my blood. Turning my head almost mechanically, I rip off the door. The hinges have broken and the piece of metal strewn across the lot, my focus is directed toward the human.

His cold glare replaced by widened eyes and fear. He looks as if he had seen a ghost, oh wait, I guess I am supposed to be dead. My strides are long, and with each one, a new piece of armor surrounds me. Once I reach his shaking body, I am dressed in a form fitted black suit with mulberry armor. I give him a death glare as I grasp him up by his hair, pulling him to face me as he struggles. I hear a voice in my head giggle and all I hear is a snap and body drop.

I leave the trailer with a smirk, a weight had been lifted off my shoulders but before fully making my escape I hear a voice. Her voice sounded humble, but hid something, "didn't that feel good, to rid the universe of a Midgardian. Wouldn't it feel better to control them and rid the ones like him?" 

I open my eyes, turning around and seeing the metal trailer, a memory forms of my weak past self-attacked by the forgotten man. I spin and strut out of the parking lot "yes."

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////