Blood and Poison-Twenty Eight

Roman's POV *A few hours later*

Virgil and I are watching a Disney movie. The Hunchback of Notre Dame to be exact. Virgil is cuddled up into my chest, his small body on my lap. I sit on the bed under the covers and playing with my boyfriend's hair.

"Ro?"

"Yes Virge?"

"Can we keep this a secret? You know the whole... Boyfriend thing." He whispers the last part.

"Is that what you want?"

"Yeah. I mean't to ask earlier, but I forgot to."

"If that's what you want, that's what we shall do. We'll keep the fact that we are dating a secret until you are ready to tell everyone."

"Okay. I might tell Markus and Leo though, they are my closest friends and would probably like to know that I found someone that made me happy." He smiles to himself. I chuckle and nod.

We focus back onto the movie and later I get a thought nagging at my mind. I end up just pausing the movie. Virgil turns to me confused and a slight pouty look on his face.

"Why'd you pause it? It was getting to the good part."

I laugh, "Because I want to talk to you." I tell him readjusting him on my lap so he's faces me.

"What is it?"

"If you don't mind me asking. What made you get into drawing. I mean, I'm the creative side and I can barely draw a stick figure."

"Yes. We've all seen and gotten to know Sire SkinnyStick." 

I roll my eyes, "Just answer the question please."

"Anxious habits. When you have anxiety or depression, you'll usually try to find something to distract you from it right?" I nod and he continues, "Well, I tried many things. Crafting, cooking, watching movies, almost everything. Then I found drawing, painting, music, and reading. They reached out to me as I did to them and I found my passions. This all happened when I was first created, so when Thomas was in about seventh grade, so I've had a lot of time to practice. And with the support of my close friends I began to improve little by little. It was a long process."

"I get that." I smile, "Thanks for telling me."

"Thanks for being open to listen about my problems."

"Hey hey," I softly say, cupping Virgil's face, "Don't talk like that. You may have more situations right now, but I will always be there for you. Remember that." He smiles at me and nods lightly. I lay him down and cuddle up next to him.

"What about the movie?"

"Fuck the movie. We'll watch it in the morning." I whisper. Virge giggles and shakes his head.

"I have to do something in the morning."

"What?"

"Nothing special."

"Then tell me!"

"Nope!" He laughs. I make a pouty noise and that makes him laugh a little harder.

"Just sleep. Goodnight."

"Night babe."

Virgil's POV

Babe? He just called me babe! My face heats up immensely.

Soon, Roman's breathing evens out and becomes quiet and soft. I stay still for a few minutes before getting up and leaving the room. I don't usually sleep so, it's not a problem to stay up all night.