Anxiety Strikes-One

Anxiety's POV

I go to the top of Thomas' stairs and watch the video unravel. There's arguing and problems. Should I intervene? 

I can't decide so I text Deceit. "Yo Deceit. Should I jump in at the worst moment possible in Thomas' video?"

"Dude! That would be awesome! You should totally. I'll be watching." Deceit messages me back almost instantly.

I suddenly pop up, "Well isn't this nice?"

"Well what are you doing back here?" Asks the overly self-confident prince.

"All of these emotions and thoughts in complete turmoil, how could I not show up at this party?" I snicker.

"Unbelievable." The emotion to my left says, "This was totally supposed to be my video." An opportunity.

"Get over it. You're the least popular character and you know it." I snark. Thomas snickers, Logic makes a noise, and Morality and Princey laugh, then I can hear Deceit and Depression chuckle from the top of the stairs. Then as I expected Princey says something snarky about me.

"This whole thing just amuses me, because your gonna waste all this time picking out goals for the new year. What you need to start doing or stop doing. And in a month, probably less, it's all gonna be for nothing. You're gonna stop trying and go right back to before. It's all meaningless." 

"Nu-uh." Thomas protests.

"Yu-huh."

"We've got this, he'll defiantly stay true." Princey tries to argue.

"Well, looking at facts, we have been pretty bad about sticking to goals in the past." Logic helps my point further.

"Can't lie about that." Morality adds. 

"See," I say finally, "You know it's true."

Princey makes a displeased noise, "I do not like you."

"Well this year it could be different right. Right?" Thomas says, trying to hold onto hope.

Princey's POV

"I'll cut out carbs or do some weights." Thomas starts to sing.

"That's a lie." Logic says matter of factly while eating food.

"I won't go to bed so late." Thomas continues.

"Lie!" The happy emotion says by me.

"I wont be so shy to date." 

"Lie."

"I wont do so much riffing."

I finally give in, "Lie~"

"I'll hit the gym and get real strong."

"Lie!"

"All my work I wont prolong."

"Lie."

"I'll stick to goals the whole year long."

" Another Lie!"

"I won't sing so many Disney songs."

I take offense to that, "You're kidding right?"

Then I hear something unexpected. Anxiety singing, "Let's face the facts and come to terms. It's time to realize. These goals are only merely hope we quickly leave behind." My heart skips a beat at the next thing to happen.

"They're lies, lies, lies, lies, lies." Anxiety continues. His singing is absolutely stunning and I take a moment to appreciate it. It almost feels better than Thomas' which makes no sense at all. "Give it up. Resolutions are nothing more than empty promises to yourself. Shouldn't even try."