Over Heard Singing-Seven

Anxiety's POV

Patton finally gave up and just went back to eating his cereal. I mix my oatmeal with the fruits. There are strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and a few banana slices. I smile at the deliciously fruity breakfast and take a bite. 

Eventually Patton squeals, "Today's karaoke night! Anxiety would you like to join us?"

"I'll think about it." I really don't want to sing without my friends nor without my fangs. It only makes everything more uncomfortable.

"Come on! Thomas is going to be there."

"I don't really sing." I lie.

"Well, if you wanted to join us. We'll be down here."

I nod and stand up. Then I put my bowl in the sink, brush my jacket off, and then make my way up the stairs. 

"He didn't even agree to sing! What a nightmare." I hear Princey say as I'm making my way up the stairs.

I make it to my room where Leo and Markus await me, "Hey guys."

"Sup."

"Do you guys need anything?"

"We were just wondering if you wanted to sing with us?" Markus asks.

"Dude. Yeah!"

"Sweet." Markus summons his guitar.

"What song should do?" Leo asks, his fangs are out and I soon get mine out.

"How about... I write sins not tragedies." Markus asks. Leo and I share a look then nod. Leo loves this song and I'm not fully sure why, but I enjoy it myself.

(Warning this song contains offensive language.)

Markus starts playing and Leo and I start right on cue.

Oh, well imagine
As I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor
And I can't help but to hear
No, I can't help but to hear an exchanging of words

Roman's POV

I'm looking around as Logan is talking. He is saying some random fact, but I don't care whatever it is. I get caught up in something actually interesting.

"You see Patton, creatures such as unicorns are mythical creat-" I shush Logan, which he gives me an upset look.

"Listen." I whisper. Then I turn and look to where Anxiety's room is located.

What a beautiful wedding
What a beautiful wedding, says a bridesmaid to a waiter
And, yes, but what a shame
What a shame the poor groom's bride is a whore

I chime in with a
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality

I chime in
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of

Oh, well in fact
Well I'll look at it this way
I mean, technically, our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast
So pour the champagne

Oh, well in fact
Well I'll look at it this way
I mean, technically, our marriage is saved
Well this calls for a toast
So pour the champagne, pour the champagne

I assume they hear it too as Patton gasps at the crude words. It's once again a song I don't recognize. But I do know that there are once again two voices and a guitar.

I chime in with a
Haven't you ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality

I chime in
Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality

Again

I chime in
Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality

Anxiety's POV

I chime in
Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?
No, it's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality 

Again

We finish the song and smile to each other.

I rub at my temples "The light-siders invited me to their karaoke night or whatever?"

"What'd you answer?"

"Told them I'll think about it. But I'm not sure I'll be comfortable with singing without you guys and without my fangs out."

"True." Leo nods, "But you should do it. It's karaoke, you can have music and stuff around you. Plus, I want you to be able to sing a wonderful song for them."

"What song?"

"How about... The Good The Bad and The Dirty from Panic! At the Disco?"

"Yeah!"

Soon enough we are cracking jokes and having a fun time. But I can't get over some of my odd thoughts.

Do they know Deceit and Depression exist? If they do, do they know that they can transfer through my room? What if they know I'm a vampire fallen angel mix? What if they know that the dark-siders are mythics.

At that thought my breathing gets hitched and uneasy. Deceit and Depression rush to my side. They help as always.

"What's wrong Virge?" Leo asks.

"I let my mind wander. It caused a bit if panic."

"Oh alright."

Eventually after I've calmed down we start cracking jokes and laughing amongst ourselves. There was even a smile on Depression's face.

Logan's POV

I try my hardest to calm Patton down. His shock at the string of lyrics that were emanating from Anxiety's room.

"Patton. That was simply a chorale emanating from Anxiety's alcove. In spite of that, I qualm that Anxiety would unequivocally verbalize those chorale if we were close at hand. He may be a dose of a challenging tribulation full of apprehension but that is something not even Anxiety would do." I tried to comfort him.

(It's so hard to make Logan sound smart!)

"Whatever that mean't I agree." Roman said very cheerfully.

"Allow me to... Dumb it down." I reply while adjusting my glasses upon the bridge of my nose.

"What I said is. 'That was simply lyrics coming from Anxiety's room. Even so, I doubt that Anxiety would truly say those lyrics if we were around him. He may be a bit of a challenging nightmare full of angst, but that is something not even Anxiety would do.'" I say, shuddering at how simple that sounds to my mentally evolved mind.

"Oh!" The two men says at the same time. I chortle at the fascination in their irises.

"Did you just laugh Logan?"

"Well, technically that is referred to 'chortling'. It is a type of minimal hilarity."

"I think... that still means you laughed, no matter the type." Roman questions.

I humbly fix my tie, "I suppose I did."

"You admitted it!" Patton jumps and hops around like a puppy.

"Patton, you look like a bunny mixed with a puppy executing that action and it is making me moderately perturbed for your well-being. Plus I am getting fairly befuddled from your disconcerting discomposure."

"Can you not sound like a walking dictionary for once?" Roman asks me.

"Well I am Thomas' logical side, it is what I am required to do. Therefore I can not."

"Whatever."