Fifteen - "You're mine."

Start from the beginning

"Could you hurry up?" John called out, his voice strained, "Not like I'm bleeding out or anything."

"Shut up."

Mutedly, Lyds day on the ground between Murphy's outstretched legs and began to clean the blood from his face, then his arms and then his chest. His hair was too tangled with dried blood to clean, it would have to wait.

"There that should be okay for now, but I'm going to wrap up some of the deeper wounds and- you're going to need to tell me what happened to you Murph."

"It was the grounders..." he breathed out, squeezing her smaller hand in his, "They locked me up and tortured me, but-"

"Lyds!" Bellamy's voice echoed across the dropship as he Clarke, Jasper and Finn stepped into the dropship.

"I tried to stop him-" Jasper began but Bellamy was quick to cut him off once more.

"You brought him in here? Did he hurt you?" The man asked, his eyes narrowed upon John as Lyds made her way over to him, "If you laid a hand on her I swear to god-"

"You'll kill me? I'd be as good as dead already if it wasn't for her. Your little girlfriend saved my life."

"Lyds? Why would you bring him back in here? We warned him what would happen if he came back."

It was with a pleading look that Bellamy placed both hands upon Lyds shoulders and desperately pulled her into his side. In that moment he needed her, but he also needed Murphy to know who she truly belonged to.

"He didn't have any other choice Bellamy! Please don't hurt him, h-he's my brother."

"If he was with the grounders then he knows things that could help us!" Finn cut in, trying his hardest to protect both Lyds and Murphy.

"Finn's right." Clarke added, kneeling down beside John, examining his wounds just as Lyds had.

"Like hell he is! Clarke think of Charlotte!"

"I am thinking of Charlotte and the three of us are as much to blame for what happened as he is. And besides..." The Griffin girl sighed, "he isn't lying, his fingernails were torn off. They tortured him."

"What did you tell the grounders about us?" Bellamy yelled, John stayed silent.

"Please Murphy..." Lyds begged, sitting down on the ground beside him, "If you tell us what you told them then I can help you, I can protect you."

"Everything." He breathed out, "I told them everything..."

***

"Hey John? I brought you some food, I thought we could sit and eat together, you know, just me and- oh my god!"

It was completely vacant in the dropship except for a quivering John Murphy. He'd been throwing up blood for almost an hour and no one had noticed a thing. All Lydia had expected was to sit and talk with her friend, to find out what he knew, not to find him in a pool of his own blood and bile.

"Murphy, lay on your side! Come here, lay on your fucking side!" Lydia began to cry as she forced Murphy into a sitting position and held him against her, all the while he puked more blood onto the floor of the dropship. "I got you..."

"What's happening to me?" He forced out, wiping blood from the corner of his mouth.

"I don't know, but we're gonna figure this out okay? I won't lose you too."

"I love you." He gripped her shoulder tentatively from where he lay in her lap.

"I love you too, now come on, let's get you to bed."