“That's right Maryanne...that was one of the real reason I called you up, I wouldn’t have anyone else...you know that girl!”

“God Bless you Michelle...I love you and I will take care of the baby like shes my own...you have a standby babysitter right here in me...and seeing as I past my drivers test and am now driving, I can come down and see you both anytime...”

“Did you really...well done MaryA...what are you driving then?”

“A little Fiat but it gets me from A-B and I love it...the freedom it brings is wonderful.”

“I bet...what about Andy? Hows she doing then?” Michelle asked as she remembered Maryanne’s older sister who didn’t much care for her.

“Andy great...got a promotion at work...living the high life...but we see each other at least once a week...we make time...and ooh she’s a fitness fanatic now...going gym about three times a week...but she looks really good!” she informed as she placed her hand over Michelle’s stomach.

“Good, glad to hear that she’s doing alright...its too early to feel any baby movements, you joker...so tell me a bit about what you been up to!” Michelle asked again.

“Well I am still working at that place but full time now, to be honest I am only there for the money because I cant stand the place and the people but I gotta pay bills. I passed my exams with merits which I was real pleased about.”

“Really...well done MaryA...I knew you could do it, so are you looking for another job then?”

“Yeah but it ain't easy babes...there is nuff people out there who are fighting to find work...I am lucky I have a job but still, things could be worse.”

“Yeah true, well I hope you find something you want MaryA...what about your love front? Is there a Mr in your life yet?”

“Yes, I do have a boyfriend...his called Mohammed and yes before you say anything he ain't black...”

“I weren’t gonna say a word girl...what is he...a muslim?” Michelle asked fascinated at what she had just heard.

“Yes his Turkish actually...and he is so nice, he treats me really well. He works as a Sports Coach and he is ten years older than me but I don’t care...he really treats me with respect and I don’t want for anything!” Maryanne gushed as she talked about her loved one.

“Bloody hell, sounds like you’ve caught the love bug girl and I couldn't be any happier for you MaryA...I can see just by your face that you really like this Mohammed guy. I reckon we should meet up again real soon but this time with our other halves, what do you think MaryA?” Michelle asked smiling at her suggestion.

“Yeah I think that would be a great idea Michelle...I think you would really like Mo...he is really funny and a right gentleman.” Maryanne agreed as she started to feel a little tipsy and decided that she wouldn’t drink anymore because she was driving back home.

“Do you know Maryanne...for a long time I was really worried about you, I really thought that he was gonna come after you too. I am so glad that you didn’t get hurt...you don’t know!” Michelle blurted out suddenly as she changed the subject.

“Michelle, there’s something that I never revealed when you called me up...well just before you left the ends I met this guy and we got real close...then I found out that the guy I met was actually paid by some other guy to get my phone number. So while I was developing this relationship with a bogus guy he made me fall in love with him. He even told me that he loved me...I fell hook line and sinker...and I fell hard when he stood me up and cut me from his life. I didn’t know at that stage that I had been set up, so when I had no way of contacting the guy as I realised I didn’t know anything about him I fell to pieces. You was gone, I was worried that the same thing may happen to me what happened to you and then I thought I lost the love of my life...”

“Shit what happened?”Michelle asked as she leaned in closer in shock as Maryanne continued with her story.

“Well my sister bumped into the guy I met and he spilled the beans, he admitted that he wasn’t called Ash as I thought he was called and he told Andy that some guy had paid him money to get my number. So it must have been that guy who was phoning me and then when it finally came time to meet up he chicken out and I never saw or heard from him again. But it was weird as I had opened up to him and told him about what we did...yeah I know it was stupid but I was so depressed about you that I had to talk to someone other than Andy, so I poured my heart out to this fucking guy who was playing. After that...nothing...never received a call from this guy again and the funny thing is I still see the guy who I first fell for. I cant stand him mind you, don’t even know what the hell I saw in that punk, he is still riding his bicycle and probably shooting his weed from the corner.”

“But do you think it was connected to Dennis MaryA?” Michelle asked in a lowered voice.

“I have no proof Michelle but in my heart I do believe it was...I think that he decided to let me off because I showed remorse...I remember telling him that I felt sorry for Dennis and his friend who were being attacked that day...and when I looked back on our conversation that day, he was really edging me on to get it all off my chest...I now know why...but I just thank God that if it was him, that he took pity on me and left me alone.”

“Oh my gosh...those guys are dangerous...Look I am so sorry that I suggested that we go and do that set up as I could have got us killed. As for Marcus and Tony, they would have robbed Dennis regardless. They would have just got two other different girl to do their dirty work. So they would have got their umpteenth regardless...but I’m really sorry babes...I should have apologised a year ago.”

“No don’t Michelle...I had a brain...I could have refused to be a part of it but I didn’t...and I love you too!”

So the two women sat there reminiscing about all the things they got up too and laughed their heads off at the memories. They were both glad that they had reconnected with one another because sitting here it didn’t seem like it had been over a year since they had last seen each other. But so much incredible things had happened to the both of them in the space of twelve months that it was amazing. It seemed like that night had changed their lives drastically, making them both grow up and take responsibility for their actions. It had also enabled Maryanne to heal from the pain she harboured from losing her parents and whereas where Michelle was concerned, she stopped blaming her dad and realised through opened eyes that he was one of the good guys, once she let go off the pent up hatred she had from being abandoned by her mother she was able to let others show her love.