PART 18

EIGHTEEN – Panic (Out of character)

Tash was enjoying the down time she was having whilst staying round at Dennis flat and secretly she was falling for him because in her eyes he knew how to treat a woman. He always made her feel like she was the girl in his life even though she knew that he was still involved with his baby mother but he kept that part of his life separate from what they had together. She had never actually seen his baby mother in the flesh but had seen pictures of her in his flat along with their one boy child. She also liked the fact that he never rushed her for her body and it was not all about that whenever they linked up unlike Marcus who always wanted to fuck her and nothing much else. In the short time that she and Dennis had been linking he had taken her to expensive restaurants, cinema on numerous occasions and he never held back with dishing out the pees either which was hugely important in her books when she dated a man. She had been chilling at his since she left the boys with Marcus earlier on and she was surprised that she hadn’t heard from Marcus at all, which wasn’t unusual but as time went and darkness fell she did start to wonder why she hadn’t heard from him about collecting the boys. But when she received a call from Tony his right hand man all hyped up about not being able to get hold of Marcus all day and that there was no answer at his flat either she began to worry about where he could have got to.

“What’s up babes?” Dennis asked putting his arm around her shoulder as he looked down at the worried expression that was creeping across her face.

“I’m not sure, that was Tony, Marcus’s closest allies...well he just said that he cannot get hold of Marcus and there’s no answer at his yard either, which is strange...he never said that he was going anywhere and not answering his pho...something must be wrong...” Tash said as she trailed off into a deep thought as terror slowly crept in as she without even knowing, opened the door for her very own nightmare to be let it in.

“Don’t jump to conclusions Tash, maybe he just don’t wanna hang with his boy! They could have fallen out bout something, trust...don’t worry bout nothing trust...” Dennis said as his own mind was working overtime as he wondered whether or not his boy Leroy had got his army to deal with Marcus case. But one thing bothered him and that was the fact that Tash had left her children with Marcus and he didn’t know whether or not they would become casualties in this payback shit. He only hoped that wasn’t the case as he didn’t believe in harming children, he at least draw the line there.

“Yes you’re probably right Dennis...I’m gonna call Marcus and see where his at...it getting late anyway and I should really go and pick them up and head on home...I aint been staying in my yard much lately...shit where’s my phone...oh yeah in the kitchen...I won’t be a minute.” She said as she interrupted his thoughts, getting up she headed into the kitchen to retrieve her phone. Then when she dialled Marcus number four times and got his answering phone straight away she knew deep down in her heart that something terrible was wrong. Now she was scared but as she remembered that Marcus had her boys she went into auto pilot as she rushed around Dennis flat and gathered up her belongings to leave. Not even saying goodbye to him properly as she waved him off without even looking at him, she rushed out of his place and ran to her car in her heels without a second thought. Starting her engine up she called back Tony phone to see if he had managed to get hold of Marcus and when he answered the phone straight away she was hoping that he would tell her that he had got hold of him but that wasn’t to be as he said answering the phone “Shit Tash, you get hold of him? Please say you have cah mans getting shook out ere and ting”

“No Tony, I tried calling and it goes straight to voicemail.” She said as her bottom lip started to tremble as she tried her best to concentrate on the traffic ahead.

“Yeah and I tried both his phones and both are going to his answer phone...dat aint like mans Tash, you know this...when last you see him?” Tony enquired revealing his frustration in his voice as he spoke much quicker than usual.