Part 2

TWO — Recognition (Embarrassed & Wounded)

Dennis was staying at his parent's house up in Battersea and he intended on staying up there for at least a week. He had a big scare when the hood rats robbed him the other day and he had to endure getting his head kicked in and then having it stitched back together in the front and the back, which really pissed him off as he may now be left with a permanent reminder. He had been going over the events in his head ever since he was discharged but he couldn't make sense of it all. He knew that they came in through the back entrance but that puzzled him as it was normally bolted shut and when Frank went to check before he was whisked away in the ambulance Frank revealed that the door was left wide open, obviously from when the gun men left. Also the back door was left in perfect condition proving that it wasn't booted in and not even a scratch was left on it which also showed that the door itself wasn't sabotaged from the outside either. Even though he was fucked up pretty badly he remembered exactly who it was that Frank was accusing for the robbery. He made it quite clear that he thought Sandy and Pam were the ones responsible for leaving the back door open for the hood rats to get in. At first he couldn't remember the girls ever leaving from where they sat to have gotten the chance to do it but then he remembered that when he went to his office to take an important call, Sandy did get up and go to the ladies toilets. He knew that she could have opened up the door then as he was gone for a least a good ten minutes. Placing his head in his hands he couldn't believe that he had let himself be duped in by some pussy. It was so obvious that he had been set up by her and he knew one thing for sure, he was gonna find that bitch and make her pay big time. Soon he will go back to the club and retrieve the video from the CCTV that would have been recording the whole event. He would have them two bitches soon enough, but first he needed to rest and regain his strength. Lying back down he could feel his head pounding again, ever since he got his head busted he had been having these terrible headaches and even though he was given some strong painkillers they only took the edge off this throbbing pain. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and he heard his mother's voice in that strong Jamaican accent "Dennis love, you wan sumting fe nyam?"

"Nah mom I'm cool. Don't worry bout me, I'm just gonna try and catch some sleep for a couple of hours!" he said still lying down and with his head in his hands.

"You sure son?" his mother called out concern in her voice as she worried over her eldest child.

"Yes!" he shouted out frustratingly and then regretted it after the word came out of his mouth. He didn't mean to be short with her as he loved his mother dearly and right now she was the only genuine person he had in his life apart from his kids.

"Okay love...." she said softly before walking away. Rolling over onto his side he kept thinking about what happened over and over again in his head and the more he remembered, the more it all started to make so sense. Especially when he looked back and recalled how jumpy her friend Pam seemed but he had put it down to her being shy, shy my arse. He was going to find them bitches and then he was going to make them tell him who did this to him. There was no way that he was going to lie back and forget about this, he was going to find out who was responsible and then he would make them all pay. He knew that Frank and his boys would be on this 100% so he already had his soldiers to do some damage and he knew from Franks past record that he was not one to be messed with. He was surprised at how calm he was back at the club but then having a gun pointed in your face at point blank would make any bad man hold his corner.