PART 9

NINE - Changes (Right place, Right time)

Maryanne was standing outside the Community Centre after having come from an interview for an Administrative Assistant part time job and to her absolute amazement she was offered the position there on the spot. The downfall however was that it was on a one week's trial basis and it was going to be unpaid so that the employer can see how she gets on. So even though she would be doing this for nothing, she didn't care, as it was only 2 days ago that she was signing on at the job centre and it was there that she told about this vacancy. The rest was easy; she called the number that she was given by the skinny man behind his desk who went on at her for not filling in the required job search document, which needed to be handed in to them every fortnight to prove to the government that you were actively searching for employment. So after calling the number and then speaking with a man called Mr Rosswell, an interview was set up for today and the rest is history. Luckily she had done admin in some office for her work experience and she already was a dab hand at using the computer and the interview wasn't as daunting as she thought it would have been. She actually felt at ease with Mr Rosswell and now here she was with a big grin on her face feeling really good for the first time in ages. So wanting to share her good news she digged out her blackberry and dialled her sister number as she waited for her sister to answer she headed towards the tube station heading for home. Finally after a few rings Andy answered the phone "Hey girl whassup!"

"Hi babes, well I have just come from that interview and they have offered me the job" she screamed down the phone excitedly oblivious to the passerby who was eyeing her suspiciously as he passed her on the pavement.

"Oh my gosh...bloody hell girl, you aren't ramping...well done sis...I am so pleased for you!" Andy responded happily back.

"Yeah I am well pleased...it's for a trial unpaid for one week which is minor...after that it is paid and it is only part time for the being with a possibility in the hours increasing...things are looking up sis!"

"That's what I like to hear babes...look why not pop round later, I'll get a bottle of wine and we can celebrate!" Andy suggested.

"Yeah sure...I will come round about 7pm, are you cooking tonight?"

"No I wasn't gonna actually, we can order a take away if you like?"

"Yeah cool...well I've reach the underground now babes...see you later then!"

"Yeah babes bye!"

"Bye!" Maryanne replied before ending the call. Putting her phone back into her bag, she headed into the tube station with a new spring in her steps.