8

Chapter Eight

Kaia Moore

I woke up feeling arms around me causing me to look up in confusion. When I noticed I was sleep next to Cassius realization set in that I must've fell asleep in the middle of us watching another series on Netflix.

I grabbed my phone and clicked the power button and just like I suspected I had a bunch of missed calls and texts from my mom , EJ , Eddie , Manny, our chef Gabrielle and our housekeeper Renetta .

I called my mom back because I knew she was probably worried sick about me . " Makaia Angelique Moore " She yelled into the phone .

" Hi mama " I said innocently into the phone .

" Do you know how worried I was about you ? You just left the house without telling me where you was going and then you weren't answering the phone for anybody . Why the hell would you do that ? " She fussed .

" I fell asleep and my ringer was off that's why I wasn't answering " I said honestly.

" Don't do that anymore and make sure you're home tomorrow morning , we're going out for breakfast with Eric and the boys " She said .

" Alright ma , love you " I said .

" I love you too " She said before disconnecting the call . My mom and I had a very good relationship, it wasn't always mother and daughter more like best friend and best friend. Don't get me wrong she didn't let me walk all over her and disrespect her but she didn't do the most like other parents I had my freedom to do whatever I wanted .

Her parents were strict on her which is why she started being so sneaky and hanging out with the wrong crowd and doing wild things and she felt like by her giving me freedom I won't be that way .

" You got in trouble or some ? " Cassius asked me with his eyes still closed .

" not at all , she was just worried about me because I wasn't answering the phone for her last night " I explained as I tried to get out the bed but he grabbed my arm pulling me into his embrace.

Cassius always told me how he's no good and he isn't shit but I didn't see that with him . He never disrespected me or tried anything slick with me . He was really sweet and cuddly whenever we were together .

I mean maybe it was a disguise until he got what he wanted but I didn't see the same Cassius those other girls saw and I felt like I was special to him . Like he saw me different than how he saw them .

" Cassius I have to pee " I whined .  He let me go and I went to use the bathroom connected to his room to relieve my bladder when I went back he was sitting up looking at his phone . " You want do me a favor ? " I asked .

" What ? " he questioned.

" Can you go to my car and look in my trunk and there's gonna have a chanel duffel bag in there can you bring it in here it has clothes in there and then they should have a mcm backpack in there with toiletries can you bring me that too " I asked .

He didn't respond he just grabbed my car keys off his nightstand and left out of the room . A few minutes later he came back in with the bags and sat them on the bed before going into the bathroom.