20

First .. sorry it took me so long to
update. Life is crazy but i'm back !

20

Makena Moore

I was sitting in my home office looking through emails of consultation request. For the past week I haven't left the house because i've been glued to work . I had a wedding coming up and they wanted me to design the dresses for the bride , bridesmaids, maid of honor , flower girls , junior brides maid , and the tuxes for the men of the wedding and not only that she wanted a custom dress made for her bridal shower as well .

The wedding order came right in the middle of me getting my fall collection ready so I was trying to multi task and tend to both of them .

" Yes , the final sketches will be sent to you this weekend for your approval and then the construction of the products will begin " I said in my professional voice as I talked on the phone with the bride of the wedding party .

" Ok sorry to keep bugging you I just want everything to be ready in time " She said sincerely .

" I know and it's no problem at all . I'll have those sent to you no later than Sunday on midnight " I told her . We said our goodbyes and hung up as Eric was coming into the room .

" You ate today ? " He asked .

" No not yet- "

" Why the fuck not " He yelled and I sighed forgetting that he got mad about stuff like that . I was a workaholic and I had a bad habit that I would put work before my basic needs . The past few days I had only been eating once a day because I was so focused on getting this done .

" I'm about to order something I just had to contact - " he cut me off again .

" Gabrielle just cooked .. go downstairs and eat " He yelled and I sighed and stood up and took my ass downstairs. I was surprised to the kids sititng at the island eating.

" Why y'all not at school ? " I asked .

" Half of day today " Kaia said. " Is it cool if I go to the mall with the girls ? " She asked which I knew was something Eric had her doing because before she would just go about her business .

I liked Eric for her as a father figure . Kaia and I had a good relationship but I made a mistake becoming her friend too early and as a result of that she didn't take my parenting too serious but Eric was good for teaching respect and instilling authority and boundaries with her .

" for what ? didn't you just order a bunch of clothes ? " I asked her .

" yeah ... we're just going to hang out there really . walk around .. eat flavored popcorn , stuff like that " She said.

" Ok .. you better not end up fighting " I warned her . She had been in the house for a couple weeks now since she got her car taken from her and I figured she learned her lesson. I had given her her keys back this morning and was going to slowly allow her back her freedom .

" who are the girls ? " Eric asked . Just like a dad he wanted to know every single detail .

" Icesis , Kayja , Cassidy , Jada , and Semaj " She said .

" Why is Milan not going ? " I asked noticing she didn't mention her .

" They don't really like Milan like that so to avoid confusion I try not to mix Milan with my other set of friends " Kaia explained.

" You don't think she's going to be upset if all y'all are out without her ? " I asked .

" No she doesn't like to be around them either " She said and I nodded .