29

Chapter 29

Makena smacked her teeth when she kept plugging her phone in all of her chargers but none of them were charging her phone . She was trying to email clients to schedule consultations which she had to do from her phone because Eric accidentally took her Macbook and iPad with him to work thinking they were his .

He had bought them matching laptop bags and must've grabbed the wrong one .

She knew Kaia had a million chargers so she called her hoping she wasn't in class . She answered on the first ring . " Yes Madre " she sung .

" You better not be answering your phone in class "

" but you the one calling knowing im at school " She said smartly .

" Dont get smart with me little girl ... I need a phone charger "

" I have one in my birkin bag that's sititng on my vanity " she said

" okay .. now stay off your phone at school " she said .

" but you called me " Kaia reminded her .

" You heard what I said " Makena chuckled as she hung up and went to Kaia's room . She found the Birkin Bag that she was referring to sitting on her vanity . She went looked it to get the charger and jumped once she saw a gun sitting in there .

" MeMe " She heard Eric yelling her name .

" In Kaia's room " she answered . A few seconds later he came into the room .

" Why are  in here ? " He asked. .

" Kaia has a gun in her purse " She said as she was about to pick it up but Eric bat her hand away stopping her.

" And what do you think ? cause i know she dumb enough to be holding guns for Cassius " He said.

" I would hope not " Makena said .

" I don't know but when she gets home from school ima have a serious talk with her . I caught Cassius sneaking out of her window this morning he claims they didn't do anything but that's still unacceptable " He said .

" Ok but what are you doing home so early ? " She asked .

" I opened my bag and saw I had a pink ipad and macbook . Good thing I saw it before my meetings " he said .

" Well i'm glad you did too because I have to send out some emails " She said .

" Wasnt you up all last night sending emails ? " He asked .

" Yes and I have more to send because I have to schedule consultations... a lot of mothers are booking me to make prom dresses so i need to get all of them in for consultations so I can get their sizes down and order the materials that i'll need " She said .

" Meme isn't prom months away ? the kids ain't even have homecoming yet " Eric asked .

" Yeah but by me being so busy doing forth things like wedding gowns and other custom gowns I open and shut my books for prom by december , and speaking of homecoming I had a couple of custom orders for that that" she stressed .

She loved that she was running a successful black business . Successful enough that she was making 6 figures and was able to spoil her and daughter while doing something that she loved but sometimes she felt that she would be more stress free and have more time to herself working a 9-5 .

" Dont work yourself too hard . Did you eat breakfast and lunch ? " He asked .

" Yes ... I ate breakfast with the kids and Gabrielle made me a chicken salad for lunch " She answered .