45

Chapter Forty Five

Unknown : We need to talk ASAP

Kaia looked at the text message that popped up on her phone from a unsaved number. She had a clue as to who it was but she wanted to be sure .

Kaia: Who is this ?

Unknown : your brother

Kaia : stop referring to yourself as that and talk to me for what ?

MJ : Meet me at the park in fifteen minutes .. I know you ain't doing shit so hurry your ass up

Kaia smacked her teeth and got out of bed . She threw on something to wear before heading to park. She knew she probably should've told someone about her so called brother that kept popping up on her but she honestly didn't see him as a threat .

If he had any intentions of hurting her or snatching her up , he would've been did it by now . Instead whenever he did pop up he just said things to annoy her

It didn't take her long to get there because the park wasn't too far from her neighborhood . When she made it there she spotted him standing by the ducks feeding them pieces of bread. She got out of her car and walked over to him . " What is it and make it quick " She said as she approached him .

Khi looked her over for a minute frowning . " What's wrong with you? " He asked .

" What do you mean ? " She said matching his frown .

" Why you look like that ? "

" Like what ? " She raised an eyebrow.

" You don't look like yourself . I've been around for a minute and you have never came out the house looking like you don't love yourself before " He said causing her to smack her teeth . She didn't even look bad , she was wearing a pair of biker shorts with one of Cassius' shirts and some slides on her feet . The only thing that made her look bad was the fact that her hair wasn't done because she had just took her braids down so her hair was crinkly and in a messy bun.

" Fuck you , okay ! now what do you want with me " She asked him folding her arms across her chest.

" Dominique and Cashè are dead " He said .

" What ? " She asked .

" They're dead ... your daddy killed them " He said .

" first of all that's not my daddy .. second of why are you telling me this ? don't you work for him and wasn't she supposed to work for him too ? " Kaia asked . Confused wasn't the word to explain what she was feeling at the moment.

" I don't work for him . In case you haven't realized I don't like him and Dominique doesn't like him either , didn't " He said .

" Why are you telling me this though ? what does this have to do with me ? " She asked.

Khi handed her some pieces of bread to feed the ducks and she smacked her teeth and snatched it from him . She wasn't in the mood to be feeding any ducks she was trying to see what the point was he was trying to make

" I'm pretty sure Cassius told you what went down between me him and Nique right ? " Khi asked and she nodded . " That's not the entire truth " He said causing her to smack her teeth. 

" If you're here to try to turn me against my nigga then you can stop while you're ahead " Kaia warned him .

" That's not what i'm about to do , now shutup and listen ... the story Cassius told you is truth but there are some parts to that story missing that he doesn't know about. " Khi started .  " See you hate me because mekhi left your mom for mine but you shouldn't . you had it good , you didn't have to go through what we did " He said .